You Are My Everything. | Teen Ink

You Are My Everything.

November 17, 2013
By Morgan5Ever BRONZE, Portsmouth, Virginia
Morgan5Ever BRONZE, Portsmouth, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Let the wind behind your sails be the love for someone else."


You were my best friend. We told each other everything and you were the only boy I fully trusted. I trusted you with my secrets, my jokes, my personal problems and after a few years, I even trusted you with my heart. After dating a few times you would have thought that we would have given up on the fact that we could be together and it work successfully, but no. We kept trying over and over again. The last time you kissed me, I had no idea that it would be the last. Every time you would give me that look before you pressed your full lips to mine I knew we were something special and I crave to see that look again but I know it never going to happen. I hated that look but now its all I ever wish to see. You knew I hated it but you did it each time we kissed to make me cringe a little. That just shows how well you knew me. I miss your crooked teeth, the way your hands fit perfectly with mine, your loud dorky laugh, your natural highlights in your Hershey brown hair and I miss the way your eyes never left mine when we had our serious talks. You are the definition of perfect and I believe that with every cell in my body. It took a while to realize how much you meant to me but when I did and I was ready for us to take it to the next level, you left. You left me with my mascara running, my body shaking, and every piece of my heart shattered on the floor right under my bare feet. Those sharp pieces cut the bottom of my foot with every step I take whenever I see you with her. When she kisses those lips, holds those hands, or looks into those eyes I break under the pressure of trying to act like I don’t care. Well, guess what? I care so much that it physically hurts. I took advantage of always having you as an option and that is the only thing I regret in my sixteen years of living. We may get back to the way we were but I’ll never forget this. I love you but I hate the way you have been treating me. You’re my lover but you’re also my worst enemy.