How to get what you want. | Teen Ink

How to get what you want.

By mich18 SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts
mich18 SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts

"You are what you say you are."

I could remember the first time I met Trey inside Franklin Park from a distance. He looked so proper and seductive like, that I was immediately attracted to him as soon as he headed my way.

"Excuse me, but umm, do you have a paper and a pen that I could use?" he says with his braids all the way to the back with a light brown yet cocoa complexion.

I jumped up real quick and got a pen and paper as if my life depended on it.

"Yeah I have it right here."

I pulled the piece of paper and pen for him as he stood there with sweet smelling manly colon.

"Here you go."

He looked at me while I handed it to him, and then looked back at the piece of paper. He winked at me and said.

"Thanks man, I appreciate it."

I nodded at him

"No problem."

As our little moment was done, he went back to the girl he was trying to Mack. She had killer tight green jeans and a bright pink crop top. She looked pretty, with blue eyes and light cocoa skin. She looked like the girl in my dreams but we all know that she would not be interested in me. I saw Trey talking to her, he was doing this so well that it looks like he has done this a million times. Trey whispered something in her ear. She gives a great big smile, kisses his neck with her red lipstick and gives him her phone number. I was surprised of what I just saw. Man that quick? I couldn't believe a girl can fall for a boy that quick. I tried plenty of times to get girls attention and all I get is a hand to the face. So I was impressed with his skills. Me being the nerd in the school and always was the guy who never got the girls, found an open opportunity to learn from the best. But something in me felt attracted to Trey in some sort of way and I don't know why.

I walked up to him in complete shock.

"Dude, how did you do that?"

Trey looked at me while rubbing his chin and sucking his teeth.

"Well it's not that hard, all you got to do is make the woman feel like you don't need them but they need you."

I laugh, thinking that is the most impossible task in the world.

"How do you do that?"

"It ain't that hard, you just got to trust me, it all starts with confidence."

I sit back down as if his words are a little too much to handle.

"That is the reason why I'm here in the first place," I said in panic mode.

He shakes his head as if I am speaking nonsense.

"Just come over to my house tonight. I've helped out a lot of guys with this situation. Trust me; you seem to be no challenge."

I rolled my eyes as if Trey has no idea who he is dealing with. I put my face between my two hands and started to question my life. Until he took my hands from my face and took some piece of hair and put it to the side. I didn't know what to say.

"Ummm, ok."

My mouth was still open because he was a little close to me but somehow, I liked it that way. I let him slowly move his hands off me. He walked away so mysteriously as if he had something to hide but I guess it probably was nothing. Are boys supposed to touch boys that way?

When connection becomes misterious.