Forbidden Love | Teen Ink

Forbidden Love

January 15, 2014
By samone lloyd BRONZE, Murphy, North Carolina
samone lloyd BRONZE, Murphy, North Carolina
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Forbidden love is always the best. It’s a love that is the strongest. Love that we cannot have is the brightest.

A marine fighting for our country and a high school girl getting her education to be successful in life. Distance wasn’t their only obstacle but it was one they hoped they would eventually overcome. Hoping for a future together that would probably never come, at least that’s what people had told them.

Spending weeks talking to each other through the phone until one day they had finally met. She had soon realized he was a true gentle man and he had soon realized she would break his heart, with her beauty he knew he had no chance with her. Little did he know she was already falling for him and would continue to because of all his amazing charm. His name was Quinton and hers was Cheyenne, these two had plenty of time to get to know each other.

They had finally ended up dating, and had continued to date for only a month but for them it was the best month of their life. Cheyenne’s horrible mother had made them end things because she was so miserable she didn’t want anyone else to be happy. Soon after that they had decided to start “talking” to each other about dating again and then continued to talk for ten more months.

Until he had decided to leave her for someone else that he had claimed to have nothing going on with. It had broken her heart all to pieces but she knew eventually she would make it through. Then not even a month later he was already telling her it had been a terrible mistake to leave her and that he needed her back. She had loved him more than he would’ve ever known and wanted more than anything to be his again. But she told him it was too late she had been heart enough and didn’t want to get hurt by him again. So at the end he ended up being the one that was broken hearted, karma gets everyone.

There’s a saying that goes like this “My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you.” Love is so strange everyone wants to have it but everyone hates it. Love is too complicated and confusing for the human eye to see.