A 30 Second Story: Love | Teen Ink

A 30 Second Story: Love

By MidnightMoanerMonroe GOLD, Dacula, Georgia
MidnightMoanerMonroe GOLD, Dacula, Georgia

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

They lay together, entangled in the sheets and the others body. His eyes open, hers closed. His body pressed against her, nothing separating their skin. Her breath came in a long, gentle, calm pattern, onto the skin of his naked chest, warm on the exhale, cool on the inhale. He breathed quietly, careful not to disturb her, as he drunk in the sweet perfume of her hair, long and dark, splayed over her shoulders and on his chest. Her bangs were lifted upward every time she breathed outward, reaching for the crown of her head, the way her lips had reached for his. Her beautiful locks smelled of cleanliness with an undertone of fragrant summer flowers. His arms wrapped around her in a protective embrace, keeping her safe from the chill of the cold winter night, from the world that constantly seemed to torture her, from the wracking sobs that she had released before relaxing into the soothing oblivion of rest. Her arms rested near her face, creating two warm spots on his skin where she laid her palms. His eyes looked down on her, full of tenderness and joy, with a trace of unbearable sadness behind them. He bent his head down, full of a feeling between elation and mourning and whispered the three fate-laden words. Words that meaning so vast the complexities of the stars could never compare. The three words that would build a nation, break down walls, burn homes, and murder innocents as well as save them. Words so heavy with significance, they dropped from his lips like a short stream of liquid gold, whispered into a princess's hair, and the importance of these words crafted her a crown of the most majestic splendor, worn about her heart. Words so potent, that none could deny them. The most common lie, the most extraordinary truth. He craned his neck and uttered the most powerful words known to all of creation. He kissed the top of her head, and murmured "I Love you." A smile lightly brushed her lips, and she pressed herself to him more. She lifted her face to his, and kissed him softly, gently, and whispered in return "I Love you too." He sighed, and with his breath out flowed all his worry in the world as he melted into the reality of he had found his Love. Their eyes fluttered, like bright-winged butterflies, and they both were swept away by the calm stream of sleep, still with their lips lifted in mirror of the other's contentment, both peaceful and in Love.

My boyfriend inspired me to write this, and though this is fiction, it is something we both hope will happen eventually. We Love each other very much and he is my muse.