30 Second Story: Insanity | Teen Ink

30 Second Story: Insanity

By MidnightMoanerMonroe GOLD, Dacula, Georgia
MidnightMoanerMonroe GOLD, Dacula, Georgia

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

"David Beckingham" was the name on the board. David was the new patient. My Love. My boyfriend. My everything. He was being placed into a psych ward. Why? I felt my pulse start to race, and suddenly I hit the ground and all went black.
I woke just moments later to horrible screaming. It sounded like an animal was being beaten. I looked up from the ground to see him, his hair a wild mane around his head, eyes red, bloodshot, and teary, fighting as the nurses surrounded him and tried to settle him. I smiled inwardly. He would never be calmed. This was his natural state. I pushed myself off the ground and approached him cautiously, but in the commotion, no one noticed another pair of hands on the boy's face. I looked him directly in the eye, holding his face steady. He looked at me, panicked, and then all at once recognition settled in on him, and he sat down hard into the chair the nurses had been trying to force him into.
"Katie..."
"I'm here. The question is why are you?"
"I-I couldn't find you. I had already told you it was the noose or you. And you weren't there anymore. The noose was."
I wanted to hit him and kiss him all at the same time, but there was no physical contact allowed. I didn't care. I walked straight up to him and pressed his face to mine, and held it there, as long as I could before the nurses pulled us apart. But for the first time in many many ages, I watched a smile spread across his face, and the devilish light return to his eyes. For the first time in a long while, I knew everything would be alright.