The Power of an Immortal Kiss #1 | Teen Ink

The Power of an Immortal Kiss #1

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

The day Derek Walker kissed me was the day I longed for. Since children I had longed to hold him and love him because he was just to much. Just to... abnormal. His Godly blond hair was so bright, nearly a striking white to the eye. His eye's the clearest shade of blue.
He took my hand, led me to the side of Willows Creek and had pulled me into his arms.
"I love you Haven Miller. I have always loved you. I will always love you."
As if time had stopped, as if it were only us in the world, I let him dip me down in the safety of his arms and felt the warmth of his lips.
That is when I died. Or at least, it FELT like I died. An agonizing fire had spread from head to toe, had crippled me, and I felt the air being knocked out of me.
"D-Derek!" I gripped his shirt in my hands, knuckled white as the pain pulled me under its dark, solid waves. My eyes closed and I let go.
Hands held my face and a hushed, sob filled the air.
"Why... Why?!" Derek cried. I wanted so badly to see those tears, to catch them and hold him but my body would move.
I thought I was dead.
But when no cold found me and no light shined above me I figured it out.
I was in a coma, a limbo-like state of mind.
I stood over my body and watched as Derek picked me up and started running. I followed, tried to touch Derek and fell right through. Derek's head shot up and he turned towards me, his eyes searching, searching and he closed his eyes and whispered," I'll get you back, Haven, I promise. I'll find a way."

You see, Derek is an Immortal who was bound to fall in love with a mortal girl. Denying fate, he kissed her and bound the curse of slumber onto her. Now he must find a way to break the curse and save the women he loves before the creature's of Hell come searching for damned souls.