Meeting your best friend | Teen Ink

Meeting your best friend

June 1, 2014
By brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
brookeybilly BRONZE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

He saw her a four days before he would ask her for her number. The Qdoba Girl is how he would talk about her. On Sunday he finally got the nerve to ask her. He walked in so nervous and anxious. Andrew was shaking, hoping that she would give her number. He wanted so badly to just do it, just ask her. He ordered his food. They struck up a little conversation.

“Where is the music?” Andrew asked.

Brooke looked up, a little confused, not remembering their first conversation. “I can’t play it till a little later.”

“You should play something good.” Andrew cracked a little smile and so did Brooke.

“I’ll make sure I do,” in a sarcastic voice. Brooke was so nervous. She could tell he was flirting. She thought to herself, “Why would he flirt with me?”

She moved onto the next order, “Are you single?” a girl that was with Andrew’s brother asked.
Brooke was confused, “Yes, I am single.”
Andrew began to eat. Brooke stared over there. Did he want her number? She saw how handsome he was and was shocked he would want her number.
They finished their basket of chips. Andrew came to the counter and asked Brooke for some chips. As she bent down to get more chips he said, “I’m Andrew, by the way.”
Brooke paused, confused that someone as handsome as Andrew would ask for her name. “My name’s Brooke,” she replied, with a slight smile coming through her lips.
“I was wondering if I could have your number?” Andrew was shaking noticeably. It was adorable to Brooke. It made her feel a little better as she watched his cheeks get a little redder every second.
“Yeah,” She waited for him to pull out his phone. “6-3-6-6-9-9-0-3-9-0.”
Andrews hand was shaking she watch him nervously type in her number. “Cool.”
“My name’s Brooke with an E, and my last name is Bill.” Brooke explained so he could save it right.
“Okay, I’ll text you in a little while.”
“Alright.” Brooke tried to hide her smile and nervousness.

From that day on November 17, 2013, Brooke and Andrew’s lives changed. They became each other’s best friends. On December 7th, 2013, they went on their first date. On December 27th, 2013, Andrew asked Brooke to be his girlfriend. Ever since then, they have been great. They have both changed each others life, incredibly. They continue to grow together.