Strangerwolf Ch.5 | Teen Ink

Strangerwolf Ch.5

August 6, 2014
By MargaretNorman GOLD, Indianpoils, Indiana
MargaretNorman GOLD, Indianpoils, Indiana
16 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
I WILL BY FAITH EVEN WHEN I CAN NOT SEE BECAUSE THIS BROKEN ROAD PREPARES YOUR WILL FOR ME. - JEREMY CAMP

"FROM DUSK TILL DAWN BEWARE NIGHTS CALL, FOR NIGHTMARES RISE AS SHADOWS FALL."


I sat at home flipping through an old copy of US WEEKLY after school awaiting Cash’s arrival. I had brought home all my textbooks and rummaged through my notes and old homework assignments. For some reason I was actually anticipating six ‘o’ clock.

What was it about this unruly black tousled haired Cash that made me subcum to all my reason to not associate myself with others? What was it about the way he acted so politely? What was it about his vocabulary? What was it about those EYES? So bright and creamy. A mix of gold and caramel with the slightest flecks of yellow and brown.

I was dreaming about those rousing eyes when a knock came at the door. I jumped at the sound as it snapped me out of my intoxicating trance. It was a surprise I hadn’t heard the person approach before hand...I must have been pre occupied. The thought made heat rise to my face.

I took in a deep breath to recollect myself and approached the door. I opened it to find the man of the hour; Cash standing there with the most stupid ,idiotic, crooked grin on his face that I was tempted to wipe right off.….

“Hi.” He said simply leaning a shoulder on the doorframe. “Hi.” I said sternly stepping to the side inviting him in. He ducked his head a bit cowardly as he took in his surroundings. I sat on the couch in front of a small cherry oak coffee table spreading out a few papers and textbooks.
Then I paused. I looked to Cash who was still standing. “Well why don't you sit and stay awhile?” I asked a bit more jokingly then i had meant. “Oh...right.” He said sounding embarrassed as his cheeks lit up to a soft shade of pink. He sat next to me.
“So...whats first?” I asked him. He looked a bit puzzled as if he were thinking about something not anywhere even remotely relevant to this moment. “oh...English; I haven't read Romeo and Juliet before so im a bit left out in the discussions.” He explained. “Well, here.” I said handing a copy of the book. “read the first two scenes.”
“now...Mathematics I suppose?” I asked “yes please.”