The Night | Teen Ink

The Night

By Jessens SILVER, Keosauqua, Iowa
Jessens SILVER, Keosauqua, Iowa

The saying forgive and forget is only partially correct. Yes, you can forgive, but you can never forget..
-------------
"Nut Ug!" -Felix
"What the heck is Nut Ug!" -Me
"I have no idea, but it's hilarious!" -Felix
Both of us laughing soo hard!

The Night

It was my last prom. The senior prom which is the most important dance of your life,(except for boys.) I was in a beautiful blue strapless dress. It was covered in sparkles. My hair was in a very cute hair-do with little sparkles in my shiny brown hair. My mom said I looked like a poodle. I thought it was cute. I was wearing high heels. My dad said I was going to kill myself. I had make-up done by a professional. She said the make-up brought out my beautiful brown eyes.
My date was wearing a white tux with a blue tie. His hair was well all I can say was it was brown nothing special about it. We started going out at the beginning of senior year. He asked me to prom and I said yes. We never really noticed each other, until one night at a football game.
I was the head cheerleader. He was the quarterback. (In all these types of stories that’s who you usually hear is always going out with the quarterback, but we never actually really talked.) Anyway, I was on top of the pyramid. Since I was the smallest and lightest I had to do all the dangerous stuff. I was getting ready to come down, and someone dropped me. He saw because he wasn’t playing right then. He ran over and looked me in the eyes, and then we fell in “love”. Everyone says that we weren’t in love but we were. When we got in fights we both apologized and got over it quickly.
He asked me out a week after my fall. I was so happy. We’ve dated ever since. Well when he arrived at my house to pick me up for prom. I was in my room ding last minute touch-ups. I was so nervous. My dad and mom yelled up the stairs, “He’s here!” I laughed. I walked down the stairs. There was a big smile on his face. I smiled back. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy in my life. I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. My parent’s took lots of pictures. We went to his house and his parent’s also took lots of pictures to. We went out to eat at Riley’s Place. We heard it was good there. We went and I ate a chef salad. He ate a steak sandwich. He almost spilled stuff on his tux, but he didn’t thankfully. After we ate we got back in his Mustang. We headed to the building where they were having the prom. We were a block away, and a deer ran across. He swerved the tires screeching. I was screaming. We looked at each other. We both had a look of shock on our faces. I closed my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder. We had made it through. We almost ended up in the ditch. I breathed a sigh of relief. We hugged. Then he put it in drive, and we went to the prom. It was a weird way to go.
We got there, and our friends greeted us. We told them what had happened on our way here. Their mouths were open wide. I was talking to my friends, and he walked over and said, “I think you were my date right? I think you are. I think this is our song.” He reached over to me. He grabbed my hips and pulled me close. I smiled and we danced to our song. Our song was “It’s Your Love” by Tim McGraw. His eyes were the most beautiful brown I had ever seen. I leaned my head on his shoulder, and he held me close. When the song ended he kissed me on the cheek and asked if I wanted something to drink. I said I would take a glass of punch. I looked over at him. He was by the bowl. Then, the girl who likes him walked over and started flirting with him. My face went red with anger. I walked over there and said hi in a fake cheerful tone. He noticed and said good-bye to her and walked back to the dance floor. He looked at me with the face like “you really think I would do that.” I smiled. He grabbed my hand and took me close and we danced.
“Time for the after party,” the adult supervisors yelled. All the people hopped in their cars and drove to the club where they were having all the games and everything. He won me a monkey the size of me. I laughed, and he laughed. He had a sort of sparkle in his eye that really made me happy. We played darts and I lost terribly, but had lots of fun. We were there for about three hours then it was time to go home. We said good-bye to everyone. We then walked out of the building. We hopped in the car and drove away. We were in the middle of nowhere when he stopped the car. I looked over at him. He seemed like something was on his mind. I started to get freaked out. “Molly don’t worry I’m alright. I’m just worried we might almost wreck again. I wouldn’t want to see you hurt.” I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He turned the car back on and drove. He dropped me off at home. I thanked him. He drove off. That was the last time I saw him.
He was driving about 2 minutes from his house and 10 from mine. He stopped at a light, and it was getting foggy. There was a semi coming from the right and didn’t see the stop sign. The semi driver turned a little too wide. He ran into his car. The ambulance came as fast as they could. They got to him finally, but it was too late. He died instantly. I cried for weeks. Those weeks turned into months. I was scared. I felt like I was in a dream. I just wanted to wake up, but I couldn’t. I was trapped in this dream forever. I was never coming out.
Now, 10 years later. I visit his grave every year on the exact day. I always sit down and talk to him. I have a husband now, but I still visit. No matter where I am. I always come back.

Jessens SILVER said...
on Jun. 10 2010 at 9:47 am
Jessens SILVER, Keosauqua, Iowa

-------------
"Nut Ug!" -Felix
"What the heck is Nut Ug!" -Me
Both of us laughing soo hard!

Thank you for the comment! (:

Jessens SILVER said...
Jessens SILVER, Keosauqua, Iowa

-------------
"Nut Ug!" -Felix
"What the heck is Nut Ug!" -Me
Both of us laughing soo hard!

Aww, thanks for the comment.(:

Jessens SILVER said...
Jessens SILVER, Keosauqua, Iowa

-------------
"Nut Ug!" -Felix
"What the heck is Nut Ug!" -Me
Both of us laughing soo hard!

Thanks Abbie (:

Jessens SILVER said...
Jessens SILVER, Keosauqua, Iowa

-------------
"Nut Ug!" -Felix
"What the heck is Nut Ug!" -Me
Both of us laughing soo hard!

Thank you! (:

Caitlyn_ilovesoftball GOLD, Douds, Iowa

"Hello Cat-i-lynn Mill-ard-o," -friends
"Stop saying that!! My name ain't Cat-i-lynn Mill-ard-o!!" -Me
"Okay, fine, Hello Cat."-friends
(GRRRRR)
----Also----
"You a turtle on steroids!"-friends
"Hahaha, I know" -ME

Wow Jessie, awesome!

on Jun. 8 2010 at 11:25 am
AbbieLeigh GOLD, Keosauqua, Iowa
I love it!! :)

M.S.S. GOLD said...
M.S.S. GOLD, Lubbock, Texas

"WACKADOO!!!" "You made a funny!" "Red Seven! Red Seven!! Red Seh-ven-a!!!" "Swaaaaag!!!!" "Ratchet" "God Said No" "God Said Yes"

you really how to make a person cry....it was wonderful

TheReader SILVER, Avon, Colorado

"Go for whatever you want, even if your friends aren't backing you up. "

So sad, but I loved it!