The past, Our past | Teen Ink

The past, Our past

By Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina
Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina

When your sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead

if he doesn’t care, then why should you? why should you go through hell, if all he’s going to do, is brush it off his shoulder? You shouldn’t and you not going to. Im not going to let yourself, you say that you don’t understand, and thats how its supposed to be, your heart doesn’t want to be hurt anymore than it is so there for, its not gonna want you to understand. The way your feeling, its almost as if your falling right? Like your slowly falling deeper and deeper into the rabbit whole, the farther you go, the darker it gets. You know that if you continue and let your self fall, until you land, your natural spirit will die. Thats when you grab the rocks on the sides of the whole, missing them, the more you miss the faster you fall. You finally grab, something, a twine, you hold your self against the wall. Theres a crevasse in the side, you put your fingers in it to help you climb, one pull after another you finally manage our way out of the whole. Only you don’t feel any more happy, you don’t feel anymore sad, but your not, well, you. Your not the girl with a broken heart anymore, your the girl who knows how to wear a strong suit and keep to it. Your the girl who doesn’t need anybody, just you and yourself. You know that your not happy, but your more than that, you feel better than ever before, you have confidence that you’ve never had before. The feeling to walk around this town and not caring that your hands are covered in grease, or maybe the fact that you have messed up nails because you play a little too much football. Then you see him, you see those eyes that gave you butterflies in your stomach, the eyes that looked through you, the eyes that have no more meaning to you now, you easily look at him, give him a ‘bite me’ look, turn and walk away like your showing him that you don’t care what he has to say, because he doesn’t matter anymore. You turn the corner, and like before, everything turns into slow motion, you take one last look at him and continue walking. Instead of crying this time, your smiling, smiling because you know that your much better off with out him, you also know, with him out of the way, you can do whatever you want, date whoever you want, and basically not give a flying f*** what he, or anybody thinks, cause your not that little shy girl anymore. Your the girl who has confidence and all the boys hearts.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Wonderful job. :) You have such a talent. There were a few mistakes, but all in all, it's amazing. :) You have a talent and greatness in you; never stop believing that, because you do.