The Midnight Butterfly | Teen Ink

The Midnight Butterfly

September 30, 2014
By Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina
Trin_Freckles GOLD, Troutman, North Carolina
11 articles 12 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
When your sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead


Construction paper, construction paper in the shape of the most delicate wings.She holds her hand in a sphere shape so then it won’t leave her. She looks down to her hands, they’re so small, and inside she holds a life as delicate as her own, she feels the wings beating against her skin. “Why do you want to leave me?” “Why is everything in such a hurry to leave me?” As a tear slowly rolls down her face, she wonders, Should she let it go? Should she loosen her grip? She’s just so confused, on how when she first had it, it stayed never leaving her, and now, it wants to leave her. She feels the powder sticking to her hands. She whispers into her hands, and releases, this beautiful midnight creature, as fluttered up towards the sky, you thought to yourself that maybe just maybe this creature would’ve been different, you thought that it would stay, because he wouldn’t. Now she’s feeling abandoned because not even a little butterfly, would stay with her. She walk inside, grab something to drink, and says it over and over again. She puts on some music, and smiles, takes one last sip, writes something down, and simply falls asleep. As she’s starting to rest, she sees this thing, this beautiful, royal blue, and black thing, its floating, no its flying, its her butterfly, It came back, but now its too late, she’s already fallen into her sleep. As this creature comes down for a landing it sees a flower, a single, red, rose. He goes and land on the flower, but underneath, was something that meant everything to her, because thats what meant everything to her, it might of not seemed like much, but it was what made her who she is today. “Don’t worry, were friends right? so cmon get up, your embarrassing me, crying like that, theres a show in town tonight, with free drinks and stuff like that, get up, i don’t want your thanks, i just dot want you to make me late” Though the memory she was with, continued on, into the stage between, dreaming and asleep, “I can’t, your too much of a sister to me, i do love you though, just not in the way you want me to” That butterfly will forever carry on the legend, and he’ll forever carry the message, she gave him, “As long as your happy, ill forever sleep well, because i know that, wherever you are your happy, and as long as thats how its gonna be, Thats good enough for me”


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences