Thoughts of Lilly: Walter's Confession | Teen Ink

Thoughts of Lilly: Walter's Confession

By dsturnea2015 SILVER, Brunswick,
dsturnea2015 SILVER, Brunswick,

"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change."

"The doubts consumed my dreams.  You're just there.  You're just smart.  You're just shy.  You're just...truly amazing.  My dreams consumed my doubts.  

Your presence petrified my heart, and I sat there staring into those eyes.  I see your face.  Hear your breath as we climbed to the meadows, and I hope your heart beats the same rythem as my own.  Like the clouds bursting, so did my heart...only you would get that allusion.  I hope.  

Sophisticating youth holds me back, and I fear I am the only one pushing this branch of love; trying to turn it into a tree with strong roots, ripe fruit and memories lasting for centuries. How am I so blessed to be here with you?  Say anything you'd like.  I won't give up on you, or walk away.  May I buy you flowers of promise and everlasting peace?  May I hold your hand?  Maybe later I suppose.  So much has happened today, I will ponder on this all day.  Thinking about that summer.  Thinking about you.  She is the definition of my happiness.  How do I ask her?"  

For those who have glanced at "Struck by Love" then you should know that this pertains to Lilly, the main character.  I highly encourage anyone to read the (short) novel.