Never the Same | Teen Ink

Never the Same

I smiled to myself aware of his smoldering gaze on me. I averted those magnificent eyes; warmth creeping into my cheeks, heart pounding also aware of the gorgeous 6 feet of him. I glanced up into his face anxious.
Deep, mesmerizing eyes, a swirl of green, brown and yellow stared back at me. Fringed with dark eyelashes their radiance was brilliant.

A smile broke out across his face, a lopsided grin so beautiful my heart leapt in my chest.
I stared at his full lips yearning to feel them against mine. I ran sweaty palms over my jeans and he began to speak.

His voice was silky, smooth like velvet; soft and so pleasant, so alluring wrapping itself around me. Losing myself in the radiant pools that were his eyes, letting his voice wrap itself around me I surrendered all claim on my body breathless.

He flicked a stray piece of hair out of his eyes snapping me back to reality. I followed the motion of his hand as he swept the hair back over his shoulder. Hands so flawless, my eyes lingered even as they fell to his side.
His eloquent speech only interrupted by a quiet, adorable chuckle every now and then flowed effortlessly. Thoughts, ideas leaving me speechless, mouth agape. The wisdom behind his words, the intelligence, the authority which his voice held, the confidence with which he carried himself blew me away.

Losing all sense of time and space, I followed his voice as well as his hands as they articulated in front of him. I found myself unable to look away from those incredible eyes, completely having lost my grip on reality. Reality which was being shattered right before my eyes.

I had forgotten that my best friend was sitting next to me directly in front of him, challenging him, taking most of the heat of the debate. I looked over at her. A wide smile played on her lips and her eyes sparkled. She was just as taken aback, just as stimulated by this god in front of us as I was.

No doubt, he was the epitome of perfection, wisdom, intelligence, charm, grace. All, standing before us legs apart, gorgeous hands articulating as he occasionally flashed that heart-stopping grin. Those magnificent eyes glowed as he spoke, his voice full of passion. It took my breath away.

My eyes trailed down the length of his body. I glanced over at my friend. It didn't help that she looked on the verge of breaking out into a fit of giggles the way she usually did when we were around him, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. I bit my lip trying to hold back a smile. He was tall and lean with an olive complexion; a light stubble on his chin and cheeks. Mouth, perfect, full lips curving into a lopsided smile, eyes so well defined by thick dark eyelashes, ablaze behind glasses. His dark hair was pulled back from his face.

He wore a black and red flannel shirt rolled up at the elbows, first button undone. My eyes lingered on the bit of chest I could see. His long legs were in jeans.

In one word: perfection. Beauty, charm and intelligence so striking, it left me at a loss for words. I let the gentle rhythm of his voice sooth me as I drifted in and out of time. I sat unable to tear my eyes off his perfect features as he swept me off my feet with his gentle voice, his brilliant mind and his beautiful soul.