Happy,A Five Letter Word | Teen Ink

Happy,A Five Letter Word

By BlanishCoffee BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia
BlanishCoffee BRONZE, Sterling, Virginia

"Women like 2 things,knives and unicorns."

Happy, a five letter word that sounds foreign on my tongue. My name is Ruth Anderson. If I were born a male it would have been Ryan. Drugs, alcohol, fast relationships, all of them can get you fake happiness. The thing is they aren't permanent and you aren't truly happy. I thought I wouldn't have ever felt the sensation, but then I stumbled into a guy and he made me melt under his eyes. "You know what I want, to change the damage your exes did to you." I said. Thomas replied " You want to know what I want, to change your last name." "You're completely crazy, Thomas we wouldn't be happy together." I said. He took a step closer to me and I said "I think I've forgotten how to feel happy." "I thought I did too until I met this girl." He said as he brushed his hand against my cheek. "Now I'm the happiest I've ever been." He smiled and his eyes gleamed and at that moment I knew he was telling the truth. He leaned in, closing the space between us. The feeling of his lips gently brushing against mine. Warmth embodied me like a freshly cleaned blanket being wrapped around my body. I placed my head against his chest and he held me tenderly. Then I said "I think I'm happy." And nuzzled my face into his shoulder.

bear with me if you like it, give me feedback and i'll try and improve. I was inspired by a good friend of mine who has found himself in a very kawaii relationship. 

wordtea GOLD said...
wordtea GOLD, Delhi, Other

'All men shall die.'- A Clash of Kings
'We accept the love we think we deserve.'- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
'Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.'- The Book Thief

This is a very cute piece that made me go 'aww'. I wouldn't call it a literary masterpiece, but as you described, it's a kawaii love story, and I found it to be a very nicely written kawaii love story.

ThePoeticJustice PLATINUM, Houston, Texas

Hold fast and keep your head up high for life will pass right by you like a speeding bird if you don't acknowledge it- Charles Moorer III (me)

that was cute lol. I personally have taken a break from love, but this right here is the absolute basic of intimacy. I think it's sort of empty, as in, it feels like this is only the middle of the story. But I like how it's written. good job