The sand | Teen Ink

The sand

August 26, 2015
By Hannahblah BRONZE, Jenkinsburg, Georgia
Hannahblah BRONZE, Jenkinsburg, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is short, forgetting is so long,"


She wasn't the type to rush, no
She didn't run down the board walk
She walked slowly with her hands feeling the rail
We walked in silence, her shoes already shed
As I sat down in the sand and looked around
She also sat down, but with her eyes closed
"Darlin' why are your eyes closed? This is such a beautiful scene?"
She finally opened her eyes, "Some things just need to be felt,"
I looked at her a minute longer before she closed her eyes again
"This scene is just so beautiful I want to not just remember the view, but the way the sand feels, the way the water sounds hitting the shore,"
"Sounds intense, " I respond
"I think the best things in life are intesne, passionate,"
Her breath slows and I put my hand over hers
"Is love one or those things?"
She looks at me as if I'm stupid, "Of course. Love is something human kind has been obsessed with for as long as life. Books, movies, songs, this emotion or feeling we strive throughout life to get. This love,"
"Tell me what it feels like," I say this, but all I can think is please just keep talking. Her voice as soothing as the water crashing on the shore in front of us.
"Love is as infinite as the sea. Some days its calm other days its rough and terrifying. Its beautiful. Love is falling and hoping the fall is soft. Looking into their eyes and hoping that you are their ocean not just a drop in it,"
We set for a while and I can't help, but want to tell her she is my ocean.
When its time to go, I pull her up and kiss her forehead. She leans in to me for a moment.
"You are my ocean," I whisper.
She reaches up and kisses me. Right in that moment I knew I was falling.
"I know, " she says into my ear.
I knew she would always catch me