The Leopard's Love | Teen Ink

The Leopard's Love

December 11, 2015
By Cas_King BRONZE, Torreon, New Mexico
Cas_King BRONZE, Torreon, New Mexico
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
“The best books, they don't talk about things you never thought about before. They talk about things you'd always thought about, but that you didn't think anyone else had thought about. You read them, and suddenly you're a little bit less alone in the world. You're part of this cosmic community of people who've thought about this thing, whatever it happens to be.”
― Tommy Wallach, We All Looked Up


Many years ago there lived a leopard. This leopard was beautiful, with so many different spots that any animal could connect the dots and create a number of wonderful images on his coat. All the leopardesses swooned over him when he sauntered past them. Even though the leopard knew he was the biggest bachelor, his ego wasn't inflated. 

 

Every night, the leopard would roam the forest with only his thoughts. Most nights, thoughts of loneliness and self-hatred flowed freely through his mind. At night, he was himself. He didn't have to hide behind his fake happiness. 

 

During these nights, he would look up into the sky and his leopard heart would become smitten for the bright object in the sky. The freckles of light didn't even compare to her.

 

He knew though, that he had no chance at all to be with her. Bathing in her light would bring them closer and closer. Every day he spent in yearning for her to come greet him. Every night he went without sleep. 

 

Slowly, the leopard realized that the moon changed each night and it would get smaller and smaller. He began to worry that she would disappear and alas, one night she did and his heart broke. He lay on the ground crying for her until finally, all was quiet and he was with her. Forever they were together from then on.