Forbidden Love | Teen Ink

Forbidden Love

June 1, 2016
By Sammi12356 BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
Sammi12356 BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The faster you run the faster your done


A girl named Sarah was walking to the train station with her parents, getting ready for a journey. Sarah wanted to start a new life in the big New York City. She's hoping to meet new friends, go to college, and hopefully meet the man of her dreams. Even though she's only 19, she hopes she'll do amazing things the big world all by herself. Sarah was coming from a really small town off the coast of Florida called Dunedin. Dunedin is surrounded by water and has a population of 3,565 people. There's around 20 - 30% of people without cars. Her mother Nicky and her father Mike were born there and didn't want to leave their home town. Sarah’s family is really poor and the only way she got into college was from a cheerleading scholarship. Sarah’s going to The City College of New York City.
“Sarah.” Nicky says sobbing.
“ Mother please stop crying I'll be fine” says Sarah embarrassed.
Sarah’s looking around making sure that people aren't looking at her and her overactive mother.
“ Yes I know you will sweetheart, but you're my only daughter going to college, and you're 19 years old!” Nicky says sobbing even more.
“ Come on now dear, you're embarrassing her” says Mike concerningly.
“ Oh alright, alright, I'll stop, but your my baby girl, and you're moving into the big city of New York.” Nicky said tearfully.
“ All aboard!” The conductor yells.
“Alright here I go good by you guys, I love you, I'll miss you!” Sarah yelled as the train leaves the station.
As Sarah looks back, she can see her mother, crying on her father's arms. She feels like crying now but she doesn't, because she's on her way to a better life. She is really tired, but before she can go to sleep she has to give her train ticket to the conductor. When she gets the ticket back the conductor smiles at her and says “I hope you have a wonderful trip.” she thanks him and says it back as soon as he leaves she locks the door, so her stuff won't get stolen. All of a sudden she wakes up to hear a knocking at her door. Sarah gets up and unlocks the door, but only opens it a crack.
“Yes, do you need anything?” Sarah asks politely.
“ Um yes hi, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to wake you, but I was wondering if I could sit here all the other seats are full.” Asked by a polite guy.
“ Yeah sure I guess, My name is Sarah. Sarah Parker.”
“ Nice to meet you Sarah, My name is Jake Owen” said Jake “ thank you again I really appreciate you letting me sit here”
“ Nice to meet you jake, and plus I was getting a little lonely sitting here all by myself,” laughed Sarah.
“ So Jake where are you going?” Sarah asked.
“I'm of to the big city of New York, to teach at this College called The City College of New York!” said Jake excitedly.
Sarah’s jaw dropped, she couldn't believe that he was a teacher he looked only 20 years old.
“Wait how old are you?” Sarah said questioningly.
“I'm 30, why?” Jake said puzzledly.
“ Wait you're only 30, you look 20!” said Sarah baffled.
When the finished talking Sarah and Jake went to sleep. They were both dreaming about each other. About how cute and nice she or he was and how she'd make amazing girlfriend or boyfriend. Waking up the train jolted to a stop with a lot of people at the station. Sarah was going to wake up Jake but noticed he wasn't there and neither was his stuff. She thought that it must have been a dream. Sarah grabbed her bags and got of the train. While Sarah was walking to a cafe across the street she looked stunned amazed by all the big tall buildings, and all of the people. When she got into the cafe called York's Best, she heard someone calling her name. She turned around to see Jake sitting in a booth across the room. She went over and sat by Jake.
“Do you like coffee? asked Jake, “because you can have some of mine.”
“Um I dont know I’ve never had coffee before.”
“Wait what you've never had coffee! Said Jake surprisingly “well here try some of mine”
“Ok, thank you” sarah said.
Sarah took a drink of Jake's coffee, to her surprise it actually wasn't that bad she gave Jake his coffee back and poured herself a big cup full.
“I take it you like coffee” Jake said with a chuckle.
“Yes this is really good, can you pour me more, please?”
“I would but you have had a lot you don't want to drink a lot you'll become addicted.”
“I think I already am.” laughed Sarah.
“I think we we might want to get on the train i mean where in Virginia.”
“Wait really, where in Virginia!?” Sarah said sternly “ I thought we were in New york.”
“Nope, We're in Virginia, but we it's only 6 hours and 52 more minutes.”
“Only 6 hours and 52 minutes!, do you know how long that is?” Sarah said angrily.
“ Well yeah but it's a lot shorter then Florida to New York or Florida to Virginia” Jake said.
“Oh really” said Sarah sarcastically “ had how far is it from both of them.”
“Well from Florida to Virginia that 12 hours and 27 minutes, and then the full Florida to New York is 17 hours and 3 minutes, that's more time I get to spend with you.” said Jake proudly.
Sarah smiled from the sweet comment he had made, and moved her long blond hair behind her ear.
“Ok” Sarah said with a smile, “ let's get on the train.”
When they get on the train they talk for a few hours about there old life and there past, their favorite things and just getting to know each other. After they talk they go to sleep. When Sarah wakes up, she sees a sign that says “Welcome to New York”. She gets so excited that she wakes up Jake.
“Jake, Jake wake up where in New York!”
“Wait, what did you say” Jake said tiredly
“Wake up where in New York!” Sarah said loudly.
“5 minutes till departure, at New York!” Hollered the conductor.
When the train stopped, Sarah and Jake caught a taxi and headed to college. When they arrived at the college they unloaded their stuff out of the taxi. They said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. But before they left, Jake got Sarah’s phone number. Jake went to a house off campus while Sarah went looking for her dorm. When Sarah found her dorm, she unpacked everything. After she unpacked she laid down on her bed. She was reading a teen weekly magazine when her roommate came in. The roommate didn't look to happy to see her.
“Hi my names Sarah Parker, you must be Ashley belling my roommate.”
“ Yeah but I have a few rules.” Ashley said grouchily.
“Ok what are the rules?”
“When my boyfriend is over you can't be in the room, and he's here every Tuesday and Thursday.  Don't bother me while I'm eating or on the phone.” said Ashley
“Any more rules?” asked Sarah.
“Yes there is.” Ashley said.
Sarah could tell she was just making up the rules as she was going, but Ashley looked really scary with the tattoos on her arms as skulls, and the snake bite piercings along with the eyebrow piercing. The black hair mixed with rainbow colors and the tight whore clothing she was wearing.
Sarah wouldn't take this crap from her but because sarah has long blond hair, with pretty blue eyes, the 5 ear piercings and a belly button piercing. She decided to follow the rules so she wouldn't get her ass beat.
“ The other rule is don't talk to me while i'm by anyone, if you follow these rules we won't have any problems, got it.” Ashley spoke threateningly.
“ Yeah got it” Sarah said.
She looked at the clock and it said 12:30am. She had a campus meeting to join the cheerleading team. When she arrives she finds a booth that says cheerleading. She checks the list and finds her name and signs herself in. When she was about to go to her dorm room she remembered that today is Tuesday. So instead of going back to her dorm room she walks to the cafeteria and gets macaroni and cheese. While she's eating some guy walks to her table and sits down. He has baggy pants and a hody.
“Yo whats up? These my homies they all call me The Man, but my names actually Mike. But you sugar you can The man, because i'm about to be yo man.” Says Mike.
“Gross!” Sarah says disgustingly.
Sarah gets up and walks away but before she walks out of the cafeteria Ashley stopped her.
“ Hey Sarah stay away from my man, or we're gonna have big problems!” Ashley says disgustingly and angrily.
Ashley looked as angry as a bull, with her face as red as the sun, her nostrils flared.
Sarah walks out without saying a word hoping to not make matters worse. But Sarah can feel Ashley's deep ice cold stare. Sarah walks around campus finding all of her classrooms. Suddenly Sarah realizes that Jake is one of her teachers. Sarah walks into the classroom to find Jake preparing his notes for tomorrow's class.
“Hey Jake”
“Sarah what a pleasant surprise, but why aren't you in your dorm getting a good night rest for tomorrow's first day of school?” Jake said.
“Well I would but my roommate made a  rule that every Tuesday and Thursday because that's when her boyfriend comes over.” Sarah said sadly.
“And what you don't have any friends to let you stay with them.”
“No it's my first day here and you're my only friend.” said Sarah.
“Well then if you want you can stay at my house on the couch” Jake said kindly “we don't want you exhausted on your first day.”
“No, No we don't, thank you!” said Sarah gratefully.
“Hold on i'll only be a few minutes let me finish prepping.”
“No it's fine take as long as you need.” said Sarah.
A few months go by Sarah is passing all her classes, and the romance between Jake and Sarah improve dramatically. Instead of staying at his house every Tuesday and Thursday. It's now every day but the weekends and Friday. They eat lunch together and go on some pretty romantic dates. Like this one time he took her to the most expensive place in New York in that area. One day Jake gets a call from the dean and tells him how he heard of a romance happening between him and one of his students. Jake explains everything to the dean how Sarah has no friends, and how her roommate won't let her stay in the dorm those night because of her boyfriend, which somethings were obviously a lie. The dean gives Jake a warning but if it happened again he's fired. When Jake gets off the phone with the dean he goes in there bedroom and packs all of Sarah's cloths. He goes to Sarah’s dorm and tells what happened, and how she's getting a new roommate. At the end of the story Sarah started crying, the tears falling down her face like rain during a thunderstorm.
“Does this mean your ending what we have” Sarah says sobbing.
“Yes it does, and i'm so sorry Sarah i love you so much, but we can't do this anymore.” Jake says trying not to cry.
“I love you to, please don't leave me” Beggs Sarah.
“I'm sorry I have to.”
When the conversation is over Jake wipes Sarah's tears of her face and gives her one last kiss and hug. He excites her dorm and they don't talk to each other again. He walks silently to his house, like a ghost drifting through the night. Sarah changed her classes so they only see each other in the halls. When they see each other in the halls they give eachother a friendly wave and go about their day.
Four months later Sarah receives a letter when she opens the letter it says: Do you still love me. Yes or No circle one. From Anonymous. Sarah assumes it from Jake and circles yes and puts it in Jake's mall box. She dropped it off when she knows he isn't at home.
The next few days Sarah passes back and forth hopping she gets a letter back. Weeks go by and Sarah is starting to lose hope and faith. But the next day she checks the mailbox and finds a letter. It says: Good i'm still in love with you meet me at the book shop 126 Crosby St. at noon, on Saturday. She writes sounds good see you then, and puts it in his mail box. When Saturday arrives she wears the cutest outfit she has in her closet. But when she gets there she doesn't see Jake so she waits till someone comes up to her. Looking around she sees someone waving at her, but it isn't the person she was expecting.


The author's comments:

This story is about a girl moving from a small, town in Florida anll the way to New York. She meets a guy on the way to New York, She falls in love with him, but complications ulter thier relationship.