Love/Hate, The Girl Who Should Be Yours | Teen Ink

Love/Hate, The Girl Who Should Be Yours

November 9, 2016
By Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas
Thisisreal_life PLATINUM, Manhattan, Kansas
48 articles 3 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
"so do it. Decide. Is this the person you want to be? Is this the life you want to live? Is this the best you can be?"
"I survived the fire because the fire within me burns brighter than the one around me"


Dear Boy,

  

I hate you. I love you. I really wish I hadn't met you. I am so lucky I know you. I hate that I love you. I love how you make me feel. I hate that, after all of the lonely nights, the tears I have shed, I still want you.

 

But you want her. You need her. She's the one you dream about. She's the one that makes you cry, that breaks your heart. But you still want her, so you always go back to her.

 

I wish I could read your mind, to see why you love her so much, to understand why you always come back to her.

 

  Maybe if I start acting like her, you'd notice me. Maybe I'll just start screaming at you, breaking your heart, and treating you like you mean nothing to me. Maybe then you'll notice me. But let's face it: You want her. You need her.

 

   I will never be her.

 

            Love/Hate,

                       The Girl That Should Be Yours


The author's comments:

I sometimes feel this way about my love life, and I just want you, the reader, to know that someone understands!