Love Story | Teen Ink

Love Story

By amanda_ann7 BRONZE, Edinburg, Virginia
amanda_ann7 BRONZE, Edinburg, Virginia

The slow walk by. The flipping of my hair. I had to do something that would get Sean’s attention. I have had a deep crush on him forever. We were playmates as children and had been in the same class since kindergarten. We did everything together, now we are even juniors at the same collage. And in return I get to secretly wish he was mine.

Sean is the best friend everyone wishes they could have because he comforts you and he listens to what you have to say. Anytime we were fighting, it would be he that would come over and apologize. When I had that bad break-up last year with the school jerk, he was there to hold me and make me feel better. I try to return the favor, but he rarely gets upset. He does not allow people to get to him; he just does his own thing.

On the day in question, I had decided when I got up that I had to tell him how I felt because not knowing if he felt the same way was slowly killing me. I had called him last night and asked him to please meet me for lunch. I think I freaked him out a little. I know I sounded serious but right now my heart was a ticking bomb ready to go off.

I arrived early so that I could practice what I was going to say. In reality all it did was make me more and more nervous, so that by the time he arrived I could hardly put two words together. He had to order for me I was so worked up. While we were waiting, we made nonsense small talk. How is it that every other time in my life I had something to say to him I could say it without being so nervous? I knew I just had to say what I had to and then let nature take its course. I explained to him that I had feelings for him since kindergarten and he not knowing was slowly eating me up on the inside.

He was quiet for a few minutes and then just up and left with out another word. I knew I had probably just ruined the best relationship that I had ever had.

Later, back at my dorm I kept trying to call him with no answer. I had to cry myself to sleep that night and the many that followed.

Months later, he finally got the guts to call me and tell me that he had the same feelings for me, but he was too scared to say them out loud and that was why he left that day. We both wanted a relationship with each other, but were afraid that it would ruin the friendship we had, when and if we broke up.

We decided to take the chance and now we are celebrating our fiftieth wedding anniversary. We learned many important lessons that day: friendships can turn in to good marriages and always take a risk at love, because if you don’t you could miss your opportunity at the perfect love.

Obi-Wan BRONZE said...
on Jun. 29 2013 at 1:58 am
Obi-Wan BRONZE, Bel Air, Maryland
That is the cutest story I've ever heard!!!!!!!!

_helenhorton SILVER, Springfield, Ohio
that is amazing. so cool!
*******************

brown.sugar BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

i lovin it

nice. check out my work please its in the poetry section

on Jun. 5 2010 at 6:24 am
BeYOUtiful_13 BRONZE, Tinley Park, Illinois

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
~Marilyn Monroe

it was very heartfelt. good job

Babygurl_101 SILVER, N/A, California

"Angels are the quiet girls that just havent been noticed yet"
"The past is the past, and i am your futuer." (<3<3<3<3<3)

i love it. very romantic

katie_bugg GOLD, Scott Depot, West Virginia

"But my heart, it is brighter than all the many stars in the sky"

-Edgar Allan Poe

very sweet i loved it.