Ames’ Story | Teen Ink

Ames’ Story

By CrystalDagger GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado
CrystalDagger GOLD, Colorado Springs, Colorado

When the pressure of the world is beating on you, then you can never know what’s gonna happen next. Not until God shows you love. When God shows you love (Whether it be from a loved person, or the Lord himself) then, and only then can your path be decided.

Amelia thought she would never find love, until she met Rocky. Roger “Rocky” Anders, was a carefree kid who always kept the people around him on their toes. He never backed down from a challenge and would always fight for those who deserved it. Amelia had known Rocky all her life, and yet, the two were drifting farther apart. That was until the day Amelia- or Ames as Rocky called her- got jumped at school. She had been walking around the football field and then, Davey Myers walked up to her. She watched him as he twisted his jaw around in a threatening way and never took his eyes off her wavering form.

“Hey Ames.” He said casually. Her eyes grew distant as she remembered the Sunday evenings that she and Rocky had spent together. Every Sunday visit growing rarer and rarer with the passing years. Every eve of the school week, wasted while waiting for him to show when he never did. She thought of the unending pain that she felt whenever she saw him pass by on his bike. The painful roar of the engine, the tear-sprouting despair of the shining helmet, the squeaking sound of the sickening leather gloves.

“Don’t call me that.” She said holding her journal closer and pushing past Davey. He glared daggers at her back and gripped her shoulder. Amey froze and her eyes were the size of saucers. Slowly, but surely her body shook and rattled in terror as she felt his strong against her shoulder.

“What did you just say to me?’

“I….I….I”

“She said not to call her that.” A familiar voice growled into Davey’s ear. Amey turned and saw none other than Rocky Anders with Davey in an opening move to a headlock.

“I told you it wasn’t the last time you’d see me Ames the Fames.” He said smirking. “Now bolt, this ain’t gonna be pretty.”

She smiled and ran away knowing that Roger Anders would always be there to protect her.

This is the story of Ames

The story of Amelia Genesis