Chapter 3 The Year 3032 | Teen Ink

Chapter 3 The Year 3032

September 23, 2018
By Diane_2004 BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
Diane_2004 BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Jump off a cliff and build your wings on the way down." - Bradbury


Chapter 3

“Boom!”, the sound resonated throughout the shuttle the first blow had been made. Elena looked outside the window frightened at what she saw, it seemed that the humans had made a crude battering ram out of a tree and were using to attack the shuttle. Everything was in complete chaos the teacher was trying everyone, one student even fainted at the sight of it all. Then suddenly there was a loud crack and Elena felt herself being hauled, but by what she did not know. She hit the ground with a thud and saw that all around her there were people, not her people though, the Earth people who had attacked the ship. She could just see the shuttle and it looked like it was about to take off. Didn’t they see me fall out the window, Elena thought rapidly, questioningly. Immediately everything went black and Elena fell unconscious, little did she know she wasn’t alone.

Eli was groggy, he faintly remembered falling out of the shuttle and hitting his head, then promptly blacking out. Now he was in some building where the dust clung to the walls like a bug stuck in a spiders web. The air was faintly tinged with the smell of gasoline and coffee, and an aura of mystery hung in the air. Eli realized he was on a table, and on the opposite was Elena.

Elena awoke and looked around, she seemed to be in some sort building, it was dimly lit and a little grimy but otherwise nice. In fact, it kind of reminded her of these structures she had learned about in school that was called museums, and they were originally located on Earth. Earth, suddenly it all came flooding back the field trip, the window, the rebels, and then her blacking out. So where was she now? She sat up and noticed there were two tables in the room, and on the opposite was none other than Eli. He had his ear against the wall and seemed to be listening intently.

“Eli!,” Elena said half-shouting, half whispering.

“Shhh, I can’t hear what they are trying to say,” Eli responded harshly. The voices stopped, and then they both heard footsteps headed toward them. Without thinking they both silently laid back down on the tables and pretended to be sleeping. They heard a door creak open, and the dust rustles before once more clinging to the walls of the museum. The voices then started again and this time was much closer.

“I dunno Johnny, what should we do with the kids.”

“Maybe eat em’, food rations have been a little low the past few days.” Elena thoughts were moving at the speed of light, they wouldn’t eat children, would they? and she burst out with a plea before she even knew she was speaking.

“Please don’t eat us, please!!” Elena cried. The two teenagers standing there burst out laughing so hard they looked like they were about to pee.

“We aren’t cannibals, and we already knew you were awake. We just wanted to see how long you would last,” said the tall muscular boy with reddish hair who looked about 15.

“However, the boss does want to see you.” Eli had stopped trying to pretend he was asleep and was shooting daggers with his eyes toward Elena. In fact, his eyes almost said we could’ve had them fooled if it weren’t for you and your big mouth.

“Why does the boss want to see us,” Eli asked feigning innocence.

“Why, what parent doesn’t want to see their own two children?” The tall one responded with a smirk, and for once neither Eli nor Elena had a reply.


The author's comments:

You may want to read chapters 1 and 2 first, and I use a pen name, not my real name. Also please leave comments, votes, and likes.