Forest | Teen Ink

Forest

September 30, 2018
By KassidySacley0947 BRONZE, Baguio, Other
KassidySacley0947 BRONZE, Baguio, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The morning stars shone brightly like lucid snowflakes, luminous and lucent. The pleasing melody of birds grew loud and clear. While rays of sunlight blazed, penetrating through the windows. The freshly cut grass were now damped and moist from the morning dew. As far as anyone could tell, it was a perfectly normal Friday at Aspen Street.


Sam who was having a marvelous sleep was woken up by the fierce barking of his mother


“ Get up, you're late”, she barked as she swung the curtains open


Sam who was completely dazzled, stood up and blinked at the brilliant sunlight.


“What” asked Sam as he slowly got up and scratched his dislocated hair.


“ You're already late, hurry up and get ready” Sam’s mother said with a cold voice.

 


“Hey Sam” said a sweet voice behind Sam


Sam who was walking lazily in the school hallway, turned around. It was Melanie, Sam’s childhood best friend.


Her  long wavy, teak-brown hair flowed on both her shoulders. Her lips were deep and delicate red. They matched her eyes. She is captivating.


“ Hey” Sam replied, smiling


It’s been a long time since they’ve seen each. In fact they miss each other. Sam and Melanie are great friends. They treasure their friendship and all their joyous memories.

 


School just ended, Sam and Melanie got together and sat happily together at a picnic table


“How are you” asked Melanie as she sat at the opposite side of the table


“ I’m actually good, not feeling well about the test though.” Sam said in despair


“ Do you want to take a walk to the woods” asked Melanie


“Sure” smiled Sam, hoping this would cheer him up a bit.


A  chilly ferocious wind bolted in between the ancient prodigious trees. It’s woody incense from centuries of creaking branches cascaded to the damp forest floor, crashing and rotting intranquility. The deep undefined forest was dull yet awakening.


“Are you sure” quivered Sam standing in front of the forest


“ Let’s go” said Melanie followed with an evil smile


They slowly walked through the heart of the forest, hoping it would reveal it’s dark secrets.