The Cave | Teen Ink

The Cave

April 5, 2019
By Halo BRONZE, Norfolk, Massachusetts
Halo BRONZE, Norfolk, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Ivy was confused. Her thoughts just a muddled mess as she tried to put together the events of the past couple weeks. She just couldn’t understand. Who was my father?Why are these strange people following me? What really happened in Mom’s “accident”? And why would anybody want to harm her? She thought, tumbling the thoughts around in her mind as she cycled slowly down the street. She decided to turn down a new street for once, for it seemed to almost draw her to it. It was a bit different from the other streets, which were normally quite busy with cars and bordered by a whole bunch of houses. But this one was quite abandoned; there were houses, no cars whatsoever, and completely surrounded by woods. Ivy then became distracted by her thoughts.


“Something’s not right.” She said to herself. It wasn’t the fact that there were no houses or cars on the street, (though unusual), but the strong feeling that caused her to go down the street seemed to grow stronger as Ivy went along. It seemed almost unnatural, like someone was controlling her every move. She then fell off her bike as a sharp pain shot through her head. When she recovered, Ivy looked to the right or her with something catching her eye. It was a cave that looked as if there was an artificial light in it.


Curious, Ivy climbed up to the cave to see what the deal with it was. Strange markings decorated the walls along with pictures. Despite not recognizing the markings as to what language they belonged to, she for some reason knew what they meant.


The markings spoke of a team who would be the guardians of all life. Ivy was particularly interested in what the markings said of the leader of the team, who would eventually contain great power. This person would be noble, compassionate, intelligent when coming to strategy, but would be all the more powerful if they were the rare case of being a woman.


She continued to explore the cave and soon discovered the light source, which happened to be a palm scanner. Ivy decided to rest her hand on the scanner just to see what would happen, and as she did so there was a flash of light and the scanner turned green. The wall of solid rock that was in front of her pulled apart revealing something incredible. Loads of new information flooded Ivy’s head as she discovered many answers to the questions she’s had but yet so many more new questions to find answers to as she finds out who she really is.


The author's comments:

Just a clip of a story I was working on.