Poison Princess | Teen Ink

Poison Princess

By PotatoesRock BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri
PotatoesRock BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

In Poison Princess by Kresley Cole, Evie Greene and Jackson, the main characters, form a bond and survive dangerous battles through the apocalypse.

Evie has been through some tough times. After lying to friends about where she went over the summer, she returns to school, only to experience the apocalypse.

As the world falls into ruin, Evie finds herself stuck with Jackson, a person she hates. As few weeks pass, she discovers a mystery she never knew. She was part of an Arcana Card Deck, The Empress. She also discovers that there were others like her out there. She and Jackson, set off to find her grandmother, who could help them. They befriend other Arcanas who could help them on the way only to learn that something was watching her along her journey. Will she make it out alive with her allies, or will she become trapped?

This book is full of drama. Evie and Jackson have to make difficult choices. It also shows you the twists and turns of Evie’s bond with Jackson as well as her development from weak to strong. This book will make you feel all sorts of emotions. With the bonds of friendship and love, Evie and Jackson find a way. What will be next...?