Alien Queen | Teen Ink

Alien Queen

October 10, 2019
By Stripp7388 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
Stripp7388 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

CRASHHH! I hear a loud crash from outside my bedroom window. The sound startles me. I slowly slip my legs out from under the covers and pull the remainder off me. My eyes are blurry from the lack of sleep as I walk slowly down the hallway. I start to make my way towards the back door to find a blinking light. As I approach the red flash ahead of me, I finally reach this large vehicle which appears to be a spaceship. I see something that looks like a panel and gently dust it off with the sleeve of my sweater. As I remove my hand, the sound that once woke me up goes silent and a ramp begins to protrude from the bottom of the ship. I gently step onto the ramp making sure not to apply full weight to test the sturdiness of it. I feel movement as I hear the metal ramp creak. The ramp reels me in as the door shuts behind it, revealing a dark interior. I turn around to see an empty room with nothing but a chair and what I’m assuming is the ship's control center judging by the blinking buttons and switches. I take a tour around as I try to find as many lights as I can so I can actually see what is around me. I am in the kitchen area when I hear a voice go off in the ship. “Routing to planet 2946.”.

The ride is the longest I have ever been on, until I finally feel the ship start to lower towards ground level. I take slow small steps to the door, scared of what would lie behind it. I click the side panel revealing a reddish sky with grey clouds. I take one step out onto the ramp. The air is hot and thick, wrapping itself around my body like a blanket on a cold night. As I lower my view I see the brown dirt covering the ground, no plants but I do see some mud. Little dark spots on the ground still wet from what I assume must have been the rain this planet just had. In the distance little heads, begin to appear. Small blue  aliens with short legs and arms but big torsos now stand in front of me. About three minutes go by of standing, staring. and silence, until one of the aliens ask for my name. 

“What do you go by?” I stand there amused by his words

 “You speak english?” I hear myself ask.

“Of course didn’t you get our message?” They ask me confused. 

“No, the ship routed me here but I don’t know why.” 

They all look at me in disappointment and I don’t know why but I begin to feel sympathy for the creatures. I ask what the problem is and they all start to lead me towards one of the mountains in the distance. As we get closer I can see that it is not a mountain at all but a giant tent. We enter carefully taking short unison steps until we reach a giant chair. I stand amazed by the beauty of the chair. 

“So what do you think?” They ask.

 “It gorgeous, but why have you brought me here? I don’t see a problem.” I respond. To my surprise they reply, “It’s empty. We have no ruler and we are in need of a queen.”

I now understand what they are trying to achieve, why I was the one sent and why they seemed so upset when I said I didn’t receive their message. I give them a sympathetic look as I can see they are waiting eagerly for my response. 

“I’m so sorry. I wish I could be your queen but I have duties on my planet. Why don’t one of you step up?”. I ask nicely as possible.

 “We never really thought of that. I guess we have always been used to having a human queen that we never realized it could be one of us instead.” They slowly turn their heads toward one of the female aliens and a huge smile spreads across her face. 

“Wow, really guys, are you sure?” I hear her say. They all nod yes as she walks up to the throne. 

“Well since we have a queen, I guess you can return home now.”

The queen tells me. “Okay. It was really nice to meet you guys and don’t forget I’m only a planet away so if you ever need help never hesitate to send me a message.” They all thanked me as the queen grabbed a blue box with a yellow ribbon wrapped around it.

 “For me?” I ask. 

“Yes. Consider it a thank you gift for the long journey you took to get here.”

 “Thanks.” I reply.

When I returned back to the ship, I set the course back home. The ride was long and bumpy again, but the thought of going home warmed my heart. Seeing the blue sky, white clouds, and green trees was the best feeling ever. Planet 2946 wasn’t terrible, but it had nothing on earth. When I stepped off the ship and let the crisp oxygen run through my lungs, the only thought in my head was, “It’s good to be home again”.


The author's comments:

This is a Sci/fi short story that I wrote for my creative writing class.