Ocean Crying | Teen Ink

Ocean Crying

I see the ocean crying with the forceful waves it’s using to push the awful variety of items it has been polluted with out. Oh how I wish I could stop these outrageous acts these people do, but I just know there’s no way of helping. I hear a very confident, yet timid voice call out to me. I look behind me thinking it’s a person, but I see no one.

After turning back around, I see some sort of spiritual figure calling out to me, saying “Help me, I can give you the means to do so!”. Being the insecure person I am. I check around to make sure no one is looking or in range of hearing me. With no one around  I chant “Give it to me!”. Just seconds after, I start rising from the ground, floating high while slowly spinning.

The figure calling out to me blasts me with crystal blue energy enlightening me with power. My hands are glowing with the same color as I fly high. “Please just help me, I beg you!”, It screams to me. Not knowing how to use my powers, I thrust my hands out like the superhero movies in hopes of it working. Beams shoot out of my hands quickly eliminating the pollution making the ocean happy again. “Thank you.”, the figure says as it fades away in happiness without the tears it used to have. The ocean now sits still, clean and blue.

It was an assignment for a single image