Black(3)(TW) | Teen Ink

Black(3)(TW)

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

Kuro stood in the dark warehouse, knowing it was only a matter of time. though it was the dead of night, she sat motionless in the deepest shadow. she was about to get what she wanted.

she surveyed the room. she didnt know why, but her friend was adament she have indigo here. there was a bloodstained table with splintered wood. that would do the job. she fingered her dagger. soon it would know the kiss of her enemies blood.

she heard the door creak open. "Relicta?"

Kuro walked out of the shadows. "its Kuro." her red eyes flared in the darkness as she said with bitter politeness, "have a seat." she gestured at the table. she didnt know whos blood stained it, but it would soon bear more.

"you arent kuro."

she continued to finger the dagger, building tension and fear. "yes, i think i am. you dont get to tell me who i am anymore."

"i'm here. get it over with." indigos voice was so brave. brave to an outsider. kuro caught the crack, sensed the fear. she smiled and fed on it, nourished it.

"oh, we cant talk like civilized people?"

"civilized people dont murder so many over a mistake."

"it wasnt a mistake." her voice stayed even. she could hide her emotions, even from indigo. she still didnt make eye contact.

"i didnt-" indigos voice was hot.

"know i was watching? yeah, obviosly. i wonder what else you did when you thought i wasnt watching."

"kuro, where are you?" indigo sought her eyes, trying to search her. indigo didnt like that. but she whipped her head up and blazing, glowing red eyes met indigos. they werent eyes so much as pits of deep russet flame, with no whites or pupils. indigo gasped out a cry.

Finish this. another approaches. ekwunos voice entered her head easily. she nodded.

“Shall we finish this?”

She caught indigos muscles tense, but she forced out a nod. “You’ll stop killing people?”

“I said i would, didn't i? We have an agreement.” the lives she had taken to get to indigo didn't haunt her. She was beyond caring. Somewhere in her, she knew that was because of Ekwuno, and that she only did this because of him. No matter.

Indigo couldn’t hold in a whimper as Kuro approached. Kuro licked her lips and carefully placed the dagger directly over indigos heart.

“Hold still.” they were meant to be the last words indigo heard. But Kuro saw when the dagger started plunging towards her sisters heart and a drop of blood beaded. Some feirce protection, some deep love came out and the red flickered from Kuros eyes. 

“Sister…”

She only had a moment. The spell would fall again at any moment. Fortunately, making quick decisions was a talent of hers. She flicked her wrist and the blade turned, aimed towards her own beating, charred heart. She plunged and it found its mark. Indigo would live…

The black that she always loved surrounded her and she let go, falling deep into it. Leaving behind Indigos scream of agony. She had done it. She saved her sister. All she ever wanted to do. And she could finally let go.

after being brainwashed, she began mass murder, making itclear to indigo she would only stop if harry came to the forbidden forest- i mean, if indigo came and let her kill her. unfortunately for ekwuno, kuro practically raised indigo and wasn't abouted to let her die.

goodness brainwashed kuro is creepy. not someone id want to ever meet.

kuro is the only character I've ever had I didn't want to kill. even echo, I loved her so much I wanted to kill her more. yet kuro is also the character death most vital to plot. and technically shes a secondary character.