The government's ace | Teen Ink

The government's ace

By dl2187 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
dl2187 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

The government’s ace

The famous execution of Archer Creed on May 9th, 4625 led to peace once more. With a delighted expression, he said, “I may not be able to see my plan in action, but I am certain that this will make the world go crazy.” A loud sound blasted through the air and people were in awe as a rocket was seen flying through the sky. “Someone hijacked the rocket!”, said one of the control officers. The rocket would soon disappear and never be seen again. 

9 years later, history classes would be talking about this event as one of the biggest mysteries in the world. “What did Archer actually do, Miss?” said Ace. “Well, He stormed a rocket launch site and killed most of the people working in the control room.” stated the teacher. “He was most likely a decoy as the rocket launched with him not in it.” “So someone else stole the rocket? But why would someone do that?” asked ace. “To most likely go to one of the new planets we inhabited, since it’s expensive to go between planets.” The bell rang for school to end and everyone got up to leave. Ace’s friend Tom would show up and they would walk home together. When Ace and Tom were walking home, the sun stopped shining in the sky. 

Pitch black. Total darkness. Nothing.  

The news report would confirm that the sun disappeared from the sky, never coming back to its home. 6 years would go by, food supply dwindling, 80 percent of the population died of starvation or freezing to death. The other 15 percent of the population were rich people who would escape to other planets, but Ace and Tom were not one of those people. After working in the only farm for 4 years, Ace was awakened by a government official who would instantaneous transport, or I.T, to Ace’s house. The government sets up a teleportation interval which allows them to go anywhere that the intervals are set up. The government has placed down a teleportation interval where the survivors are on earth and on the other colonized planets. 

Ace and Tom have worked in the farm for years and the owner of the farm is a savage dictator who abuses the workers. Ace had enough of the farm owner and tried to lead a revolution against the owner and his guards. Ace and Tom attempted to storm the farm, but the guards of the owner used instantaneous transport to teleport behind the people and started firing. Tom led the people into battle with the guards, but since the people outnumbered the guards 10 to 1, they started to get the upper hand. While Tom was fighting the guards, Ace snuck into the farm and found the owner. “Hey kid”, said the owner. “Do they know the truth about you?” “What do you mean?”, asked Ace. “I did my research and found that your dad was killed, leaving your mom alone to raise you until she died of starvation four years ago.” “What does this have to do with anything?”, said Ace. “I never even met my dad.” The owner then explained, “Your mom never told you, but your dad was Archer Creed.” Ace was shocked that his mom never told him the truth, but he was only focused on the farm owner. The owner screamed, “Your father put us through this hell!” “After we lost contact with one of the colonized planets, we finally realized that the rocket launched on May 9th had no one in it.” “Your dad launched the rocket with an instantaneous transport disk and transported the sun away from the earth” “YOUR FATHER CAUSED THIS!” Without making a sound, Ace shot the owner 3 times. The owner was sneaky, saying this new revelation over the intercom. The people started to charge the main office in an attempt to kill Ace, but then Ace announced that he will own the farm and make sure everyone gets the right amount of food. 

Ever since the people found out that Ace was Archer’s son, many assassination attempts were made. Ace grew tired of the people disrespecting him for being the son of Archer, so he grew more strict and less food was given out. Ace made his security stronger, so no one can rebel against him. The only person who was against the farm was Tom, the leader of the revolutionaries. The government assisted Ace in any battle against any revolution from the people. Earth was now a cold, dead, wasteland.

I looked at several stories to get inspiration for this piece and I had a fun time writing this story