Death Winds | Teen Ink

Death Winds

October 20, 2021
By Anonymous

  In the near future, deforestation rates grew rapidly with no end therefore  destroying the ecosystem. Trees were no longer planted causing pollution rates to expand. Seventeen-year-old Sky is on a mission to save the ecosystem.

      On her adventure to save the ecosystem, she finds other people who want to save the ecosystem as well. She then forms her group of 5, Sky, Sol, Luna, April, and June, and they set out to save their planet. They have a hard time finding the materials they need in order to plant trees which include seeds and fertile soil. They come across an organization from governments crosswise the globe that is out to destroy every tree and plant on the planet. 

     The organization, Watchers, are out on watch over the cities and especially rural areas. Sky is in a group with Sol and Luna. They go out to search for seeds in order to plant trees. April and June go out to the rural areas to find a good spot to plant trees where there is more fertile soil available. The Watchers are out watching, being wary of every corner for any suspicious actions of planting trees like hawks. 

     The two groups come to an encounter with The Watchers. Sol gets caught trying to break into a high facility to steal seeds. She then gets taken to a hidden and unheard of location where she is silenced swiftly almost like a baby being put to sleep. Bullets flying across the room, Luna ends up dead.


The author's comments:

I wrote this with the inspiration from the movie The Lorax and the book Fahrenheit 451.