Crow | Teen Ink

Crow

By NooraKiiski564 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
NooraKiiski564 BRONZE, Cupertino, California

I have flown square over square, and I’ve finally found a thing unlike all other squares. It’s shaped like a big octagon surrounded by small squares, and while I have flown over similar places the ground between squares is usually dotted with peach blobs. I land on top of the unusual square, but as I look around, I notice another crow has landed beside me. Though I don’t mind. Sometimes it's nice to have company. As I listen, I notice it’s getting weirdly quiet, as if the peach blobs are sleeping. But, as if to just prove me wrong, I notice one of those peach blobs inside a square, scratching a white rectangle with a stick. What a ridiculous way to use a stick! Even if I had a stick I wouldn’t do that! But now that I look at the peach blob, it seems to be very intent on scratching, so its best leave it to its scratching. Now that I look around the square again, I see that a lot of my relatives have appeared. Great, it's time to go. You can stand your relatives for only a few seconds. After that they start getting all nosy about your business. It has gone eerily quiet. No doubt the peach blobs are planning an attack.

This story is my try  on Personification, which means giving human characteristics to something of the writer's choice. I choose to use personification on a crow, giving us a listen into its thoughts of school, and humans. Some of the terms might confuse you. So, I'll tell you about them now. I used the term “peach blobs” for humans, as well as “square” shapes to explain buildings. Also in the story when I mention an octagon, I mean the pavilion so you can get some context. I have to say though, my favorite point in the story is the last few sentences.