Off-White | Teen Ink

Off-White

Stereotypes are types of ways people judge people based on their looks or actions and I’m sick of it. There are many people in this Robot technology world that stereotype my robot body and other robots out there. Every one of us robots is different, some are taller than others and some look way different than others and some don’t even look like robots at all. In this crazy world of ours there is no one human, everyone is a robot but no one looks the same at all. Everyone is different from one another but there tends to be this one robot named Kyle that tends to get stereotyped based on the clothes which tends to be me.

“Hey Kyle, get some new shoes already,hahahahahahaha!”

I looked down at my old beaten down shoes “ They are just shoes, as long as I have shoes that I can walk with and work I’m good”

I get made fun of because they are not the best shoes out there. My family is really rich. I tend to get bullied everyday at school because I am only 15 years old attending 10th grade. It was the first day of school and I was so nervous that I didn't even want to attend the first day of school. It felt like summer was just only like a week long. The summer break felt so quick. It felt like we had just got out of school and then just hopped back into school again. I woke up and started to get dressed for my first day of school. I put on my black collar uniform and some black cargo 130s with my 3 year old shoes. My shoes were so beat and old but I loved them. 

“Kyle”! His mom yelled “ why do you have those shoes on you have like 10 other pairs of shoes that are brand new”

“Mom” I responded “these are my favorite shoes, I love these shoes”

“Okayyyyy whatever you like Kyle” his mom accepted the issue

I hop in our floating car and turn on Rod Wave 3000 while on my way to school. As I am on the way to school one of my favorite songs by him starts to play which is street runner. As the music starts to play all of my nervousness starts to go away as I just start singing the song lyric for lyric. As I get to school I say bye to my mom and walk up the stairs to go to the front of the school. I see Ryan and Jack just looking at me and laughing. I have known Ryan and Jack since middle school and they will always bully everyone because they were rich.

“Nice shoesssssss” Jack said laughing really hard

“Where do you get those at the dumpster?” Ryan said in a laughing manner with Jack

“ They are just shoes and in this world materialistic things don’t matter “ I said 

Jack replied “ they are just shoes some dirty old ugly ones”

I didn’t really care as much because my shoes were just shoes and it doesn’t matter about the price of things. As the day went on everyone was just admiring their new matching shoes that they had both had. Jack and Ryan had both had the black cat 4s. Something about me was that I was so much into shoes and many people at my school didn’t know that I was into shoes. I had many shoes actually but I just never wore them to school because I liked wearing my old beat up shoes because they were my lucky shoes. I had a lot of Jordans and I even had 3 pairs of the black cat 10s but no one at my school knew. Everyone just thought I just had the same old raggy shoes but they didn’t know, they just didn't know. As the next day of school occurs I see that Jack and Ryan have a new pair of shoes again. As I walk up to the entrance to the school they stop me and add a comment on my shoes just like how they do everyday.

“ Your shoes are hideous” Jack Said

Ryan just laughed “ hahahahahahahahahahaha”

As they said that they were just showing off their new shoes that they were wearing today.

“ Like our New Dunks-1800 loser” Jack said

They are very nice but I’m not a loser though” I stated

As I walked away from them they had the newtr supreme black and white dunks. They were both some very nice shoes. As lunch occurred everyone was just admiring the shoes that they had.

As I walked up to them I said “ Nice shoes” 

Jack replied with I don’t speak to people that Have bummy shoes”

I just walked away and started eating my lunch and I was just listening to them how they were telling the whole school the next shoe they wanted. They were saying how they wanted the off white 6s but little did they know I had those shoes at home but I never wore them. Everyone was just admiring how many shoes they had. As the next day started I tended to wear my off white 6s and when Jack and Ryan walked up to me .

They both said “ Nice fake Jordans”

I replied with Thank You”

Then I just walked away because I knew they were real and they were just hating on me because I had their dream shoe. As lunch went by everyone tended to make fun of Ryan and Jack because I had some really cool sneakers that they wanted.  The next day I come to school in a ragtop Rolls Royce that had invincible doors and everyone just tends to stare as I get out of the car with the m&m Jordan 6s. Everyone was just staring but the only reason I started to wear my shoes was because if I didn’t my mom was going to throw them away. As I walked into school Ryan and Jack tried to talk to me as a friend and started to be nice to me but I just ignored them and started walking to class. As lunch came along the whole school Jack and Ryan started to try to be my friend as they knew me as the kid with beat up shoes. They all switched up on me because now they all knew what I had and if it wasn’t for that the school would have still bullied me. So as everyone was hurdling me I just walked away and sat by myself. As I just didn’t want the attention and everyone had just stereotyped me based on what I had shown them at the beginning. As school went on I never became friends with Jack and Ryan as they wanted to become friends with me because the school became friends with me and Ryan and Jack were just lonely. As school went on I won the best shoe game out of the whole school and my high school experience was really nice as I made a lot of friends .

This piece I believe is something I can relate too.