Regrets part 3 | Teen Ink

Regrets part 3

September 18, 2009
By Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other
Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other
6 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit ..... wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad :P


Lara looked up into eyes as if she hoped I had all the answers. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to explain, I had to get her out of here.
“Do you trust me?” I asked her.
“Always,” she promised.
“Follow me,” I urged.
She looked confused but seemed content to go with what I said. She picked herself up and followed me to the window. My reaction to her before had obviously made her a little wary but what was I suppose to do. She had been angry, I had made her eyes flash red. That was a bad sign. It was a sign that the change that she was bound to go through was going to happen there and then.
I had to keep her calm or she would never make it back to being human. Only my family knew what they had done to her. Only my parents could help her now. If we could help her before she changed then she might have a chance but if she continued to change at the rate she was going she would become what I feared most.
I climbed up on the window ledge there were no guards on the grounds now. I leapt across to the tree. Leaving the way I came hoping that she would follow. She looked unsure as she climbed up as I had done but I shot her an encouraging glance. She leapt across next to me with such surreal grace that I was momentarily stunned. I gawked at her but helped her steady herself as she struggled to keep her balance.
“What?” she asked.
I stroked her cheek as a blush spread across her cheek bones
“Nothing,” I sighed.
I helped her climb up the tree. We stole away onto the roof and found a ladder off it. She followed me around to the car park. I stopped for a second when I saw her shiver. It was then that I realised that she wasn’t wearing much and the cold night air would be uncomfortable for her. I took off my jacket and put it around her shoulders. She smiled and slid her long arms into the sleeves.
The lights on my car flashed as we approached. I opened the door for her and then hopped into the driver’s seat. There was no commotion when we left the hospital. I smiled as we slid out of the parking lot as easily as I had come. My smile was short lived though, I didn’t know how much time we had until they realised she was gone. If they realised too soon they could be very well hot on our trail. I found myself looking the review mirror more than on the road.
“Where are we going?” she asked.
I grimaced, my next challenge, convincing my parents to help her. I said before they could but whether they would was another story entirely. Would they see the little girl that they’d known for as long as I could remember like I did? Or would they see the monster that she was turning into and turn on her? I had already made my choice. She may be turning into a monster but she also was my best friend. How could I just ignore that? The poor thing didn’t even have a clue what was going on.




“Home,” I looked at her and smiled “and to bed,” I added seeing the dark circles under her eyes.
We pulled into my driveway. There had been no trouble but I parked in the Garage just in case. Lara was asleep. The house was empty. My parents had gone out for the night and probably not be back until morning. I didn’t think that I would sleep either. I carried her up to my room, careful not to wake her.
She slept soundly on my bed. I sat in the corner in an old office chair and kept watch over her as she slept. She was smiling as if her dreams were pleasant. I sighed and remembered the first time my parents had explained to me what I was. I would do anything to prevent Lara finding out what.
“Sleep well Lara,” I whispered “Because tomorrow you’ll be exposed to a whole new world.”


The author's comments:
This part is writen in hamishes point of view. This is the last part i will write for a while :)