Minder's Liberation (part three) | Teen Ink

Minder's Liberation (part three)

By Arluanna PLATINUM, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Arluanna PLATINUM, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

“Mwahahahahaha! Now you are mine, Lesley-Bird, finally, at last, in my... oh, drat, forgot it had wings...”

-Phil, the youngest Kalins Uzin

Coolio, Adam thought, though he was as disgusted by the death as she was. We have an army.
No, we don’t. These people have free will. They will only do what we say if they choose to.
You know what I mean. Man, there must be over a hundred!
Then one of the Minders thought up.
Where am I? The last thing I remember is telling those doctors that I couldn’t take it anymore, to go ahead and do the surgery. Then I fell asleep… and it’s like I woke up. Other thoughts echoed his.
We’ve… waken you up, I guess, thought Adam. And now we need to escape, we need to get out of here!
Is ‘waken’ even a word? And how do you expect to leave with all the guards patrolling?

Any ideas, Eve?
You’re the mastermind!
But you woke the Minders up! Wait… do you hear that?
It sounded as if a thousand people were marching above them, headed toward a door at the very end of the hallway.
Guards, thought Eve.
Let’s go meet them, then, Adam thought viciously. Let’s avenge our families! Let’s retake the nation that should be ours! Come, my friends! Let’s MOVE!
Eve led the way down the hallway after Adam handed her the keys. She examined the door, trying to figure out which key would open it.
It needs a pass card, she thought. A few moments later Adam handed her the guard’s. She swiped it in the place provided, shoved the door open, and walked into a bright room. She squinted as her eyes adjusted to the brightness and walked quickly inside so the others could come through the door. When they were all thorough they huddled together, fearful of the guards that stood one floor up, surrounding the Minders, their guns trained on the prisoners.
What should we do?
Here, Eve…
You want me to what?
I know it’s risky, but it’s our only option!
“Fine. Hold on,” Eve whispered, and strode forward. The guards all aimed at her now. Trying not to show her fear, she made the section of floor she now stood on to rise, so she was even with all the guards.
There was a terrific BANG as they all fired at her simultaneously, and she crumpled at the force of the impact. Gasping, she stood herself up again, nudging a few bullets as she did. She’d only had time to throw up a mind-shield an inch away from her body. It looked like she was encased in a transparent bullet cocoon.
“That was very rude of you. You should be ashamed of yourselves, firing at an unarmed, defenseless girl like that!” She admonished the guards. Then she whispered to the bullets, and they turned, each bullet streaking to their former owners. The men screamed and fell as their own weapons were turned against them. Eve turned to the other Minders, joy on her face. They had won! But then she saw their expressions and turned to the carnage to see what they were staring at.
All of the Minders gazed at the General, and he stared, horrified, at Eve. He had not fired at her, for reasons that she could not decipher… or could she? There was something very familiar about him…
And then she felt a sinking sensation as she recognized the leader of the Army.
“Chris,” she whispered. Oh no… How could my brother have wound up as the leader of the Godforsaken army that made me like this? How dare he?
He alone had not fired his gun, so, when he turned and raced down another hallway and out of sight, the Minders did not move to stop him.
Eve slowly let the tile she stood on float gently down into its rightful place on the floor. Then she sagged, exhausted. The mental strain of stopping all of those bullets…
And then Adam was there, holding her, supporting her as her strength faded.
Come on, he thought, let’s go look outside.
They sent the Minders to find the exit, something they did with gusto. Not much time had passed when one called, I’ve found a way out! The others followed the thought, and the Minder, a female, stood at a door with an EXIT sign over it. The Minder pushed it open.
Sunlight streamed in, lighting up the dark place with its rays. The prisoners all raced to get outside, crying and hugging one another at the miracle of the sun over their heads and the earth beneath their feet.
Only Adam and Eve noticed the figure running down the hill, toward the city that was undoubtedly just beyond the horizon. Eve was disappointed; she had hoped her older brother would stay and help. He had, however, chosen his own path.
“Why didn’t he shoot?” Eve asked Adam.
He looked at her for a moment before replying. “I wondered the same thing. My guess is that he recognized you in that moment when you were in mortal danger, even though his memory was wiped, just like most of ours were.” He grinned at her.
“I guess that’s a good thing…” Eve said softly. “Now we might have an ally in the government. Of course, he could go and betray us too, I suppose, but…”
“Let’s not worry yet,” Adam said, and then he reached out and took her hand. “For now, just be glad in your roll as the deliverer of the Minders.”
“Don’t forget the mastermind behind most of the planning,” she teased, giving his hand a squeeze.
He chuckled. “The liberating march of the Minders has begun,” he said with a sudden conviction.
Yes. And with you two at its head, we cannot fail, thought a Minder who had been listening to the whole conversation. We will destroy all the things the Republic has spoiled, we will destroy all things they think good. We will liberate all the Minders and teach them to think again. The liberating march of the Minders has begun.

This is not the whole story, on account of Teenink's character limit. This story was insipired by Grendel's Pax Psychosis and Don't Tame Your Soul.

Mr Bytor said...
There should really be a second part to this!

-Phil, the youngest Kalins Uzin

She has this thing about sites where you can copy-paste or save artwork. She doesn't want anyone stealing her stuff, but if she does write it and she lets me put it on here, I definately will

Nick-M SILVER said...
Nick-M SILVER, Oak Park, Illinois

-FLTDO-

Awesome! I really want to see the manga too.

-Phil, the youngest Kalins Uzin

I'm finally writing more! Sort of a prologue part. I'm changing a few things around, like the letters. I'll just have flashbacks every other chapter. Also, my friend in History read it and she begged me to let her Mangatize it, lol. I think she's making it pretty cool! Must look into manga and not be judgemental!

Thanks for supporting my writing, Nick.

Nick-M SILVER said...
Nick-M SILVER, Oak Park, Illinois

-FLTDO-

These should be in the MAG!