Dreams do Come True | Teen Ink

Dreams do Come True

By Warren_Uzumaki DIAMOND, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
Warren_Uzumaki DIAMOND, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania

they say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life...
...some times the mind bends so much it snaps in two.

Love at first sight wastes less time

I was coming around the corner of the high school, having just been dismissed to go home, when i heard the metallic clang of steel that would announce our first encounter with life from beyond the Earth. In front of me not more then three feet was some thing out of War of the worlds: a Tripod About nine feet high, which i assumed was staring at me with what ever eyes he, more like it, had.
Shaking in fear the only movement i could make was a step backward. I bumped into my good friend Mike, who was shaking just as much as I. He was rooted in place, his head tilted far back and his eyes glazed with terror. My mind was completely blank because I was too fixated on the visitor standing in front of me as still as a statue. And for a split second my hopes raised, its just a statue, i thought. Nothing more than a amazingly well put together project made to honor the great author H.G. Wells.
As if fate had heard me the once was statue raised its arm and whipped it at me a blade of alien design ripping from within, a snake ready to pierce my chest. Redeeming it self in a flash of reaction fate gave me the ability to get out of the way. Fate showed i wasn't to die , at least not yet.
When i arose from my leap of faith the first thought to race in my head was, where is Micheal, the friend who had been inches away from the strike.
Had he too escaped death, or had he been as slow as i almost was and taken the front of the blow?
Cold as ice a hand touched my shoulder, Mike had missed the blade in time but his shirt had a single cut lined from shoulder to waist in a diagonal position. Continuing to spread the fear the robot began to unleash a barrage of attacks on any thing that dared near it, human squirrel and bird alike, only have missed mike and my self. I turned around and headed across the street to attempt to get as far away form the killer as fast as fast as possible, but another one stood just ten feet away apparently able to reach me as it lashed out to hit me missing as the last one had.
Two weren't all that had arrived on earth. suddenly hundreds surrounded me blades at the go. the bodies of friends all around. Near by i saw an alien thrust it's blade through my ex-girlfriend's shoulder. I ran across the street frantic, adrenaline flowing through me like an electrical charge. I hated this girl but the thought of her death threw feeling over me. I was suffocating in emotions i didn't know i still felt. These feeling began a waterfall on my face. I attempted to fight back at the alien, but every thing was over and the Aliens began to strike. At the first blow I blacked out. My eyes opened and i realized...
...it was all a dream. it all happened in my quiet room the only sound was of metal tapping glass.

this is a dream i really had once with a twist to the end

riotgirl1134 PLATINUM, Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
This was amazing. I loved it!! Very descriptive.