The Poetry Cord Chapter 1 once again continuing | Teen Ink

The Poetry Cord Chapter 1 once again continuing

May 3, 2010
By BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona
BryannaJ. GOLD, Glendale, Arizona
13 articles 2 photos 40 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."


-Anon.
"What is a Code Blue?!"


- Mr. Crepsley (Cirque Du Freak: Vampire's Assistant The Movie)


“I was walking home from school. My home was a long distance from my school that I went to so I usually came home late. Anyways, as I was walking home, these guys, I couldn’t really identify their age but they started to follow me. There were four or five of them, so I couldn’t stop and question them of why they were following me, especially if they were in the mood to fight. So I purposely turned the wrong corner to see if they were actually following me. That was probably the worst thing I’ve ever done.

When I turned, I turned into a dead end alleyway. They, the guys, were still following me. So I began to run. Then I got cut off and I was trapped. I pulled out my books from my backpack and threw them at them. The books had no effect on them except making them angry. They laughed as they closed in. Then they jumped me. I had nothing they wanted so they just beat on me.

They finally left. I was all alone. I cried for help but no one came. I couldn’t get up they had really hurt my legs. I even thought one of them were broken, but I didn’t check I was in too much pain.

Then a person, I wasn’t sure what gender I was; like I said before in too much pain, came and picked me up, and took me away. That’s all I remember.

When I woke up I wasn’t in any more pain. But I was extremely hungry. For what I don’t know. I had no idea what was happening till that night.

I went to a local bookstore, I hadn’t gone home not knowing when or where I was, and there was a lady. Her name was Violet Lonstroff. Somehow she knew what was going on with me, and how I could never go home. After 3 years I left the lady, Violet, she had taught me everything II know and how to fend for myself.” He sighed aloud happily.
“Then I wandered to this city, Oktalo, liked it and stayed. I’ve been 17 for 118 years.” He sighed again. Then he stood, dusted off his pants, and stared at me.

“Wow I’m sorry really sorry.” I frowned. “Don’t be. My life has been good.” I stood also but didn’t bother dusting myself off, and looked at Eric. “No, I’m sorry for being such a jerk before.” He looked at me and smiled.

“Yeah you were a jerk huh?” he laughed. I punched him gently in the arm. “Shut up.” I laughed.

“Eric you remember that lady Violet?” “Yeah why?” “How old was she?” “I’m not sure why?” “Just asking.” “Why are you jealous?” “Argh! No! No..” I exclaimed embarrassed.
“Oh. Charlet?” “Yeah?” “How did you get changed? I mean I told you my story will you tell me how you got changed?”

“No.” “Why?!” Eric whined. “Because, I don’t feel I can trust you yet.” He gasped. “Me! You can’t trust me?” he laughed. “No, but soon. Soon.” I smiled staring into his eyes.