The Sky is the limit | Teen Ink

The Sky is the limit

April 3, 2010
By Howler GOLD, Cerritos, California
Howler GOLD, Cerritos, California
17 articles 5 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is not abut the number of breaths you take but about the moments that take your breath away"


The sky is the limit but we still keep reaching getting high to fly, soaring through the clouds like an eagle that looks for its prey we are the desires in that eye, the dreams that kids want so badly so they try and grow up faster but only throw up when everything becomes a disaster and patience is a must but we rush anyway running the marathon hoping if we win we can get some luck only when were stained with the funk on our clothing. See sebastian gets off in music and his sister loves books so when the two clash together shakespeare becomes poetry, his mystery life that we as a stereotype try an predict through his words but I’d rather live like shakespeare where everyone knows who i am and the brilliance in me but no one knows anything because rumors can kill you so I know he lived like royalty.

The sky is the limit so we climb seeking to find hidden treasures, thinking that the secrets are lost in the clouds. Hold on she said while she hung on to the edge of its movement flowing with the wind to only realize that underneath her feet was gravity so when she fell hard she bust open her head.. Why do we do extras nobody knows but once her partner grabbed onto to the edge of that cloud he sought out a rainbow so he tried to find the pot of gold only to see the impossible never ending and he traveled all over to find the coins to make him rich but once he reached out, he took a slip, fell down with his friend and died because money can kill you and searching for it is only trouble you’ll find.

The sky is the limit, the little girl was tempted but she did not travel all over to come to grips with fire instead, she watched from a distance and was grounded to see the fools build and build hoping that this time they can reach the heavens.

The author's comments:
Enjoy! This poem is about taking risks and chances beyond of what your capable of doing.