Sky Warriors | Teen Ink

Sky Warriors

By hiddenbird122 SILVER, West Babylon, New York
hiddenbird122 SILVER, West Babylon, New York

"A real friend is one who walks in, when the rest of the world walks out."

-Walter Winchell

I really wish I could tell you about myself. About all of us. But it's hard to explain. It's a story centuries old, with the darkest secret, the loveliest couple, and the strangest end. But I guess I can try. So you can call me Cirrus. I am a Sky Warrior.
It all started when I was 7 years old, in a world far, far away. My village had been taken over by the evil Barrens, a group of vagabond thugs, set out on reaping the fortunes of whoever they manage to beat. But there was hope. A rebellion had formed. Some people from neighboring villages had joined together to create a group known only as Freems. They came to many villages, trying to free them, but it was nearly impossible. The Barrens had machines and vehicles that could suppress any attack in mere seconds. The Freems were lucky to come back alive and well. But what they didn't know was what happened when a Freem was captured. They were taken to the chambers underneath Barren Castle, far from home. But a fair maiden, a prisoner herself, would tend to them and help them get through their terrible times. One day, she had a baby with a Freem. When the Barrens found out, the killed the young baby. The maiden tried to get over it, but it was very hard for her. So one day, an angel came to tell her that her son was safe and well, and had become the clouds. She rejoiced, and when she told the remaining Freems, they plotted an aattck. They would ask her son to create a thunderstorm the night of the attack. That way, the fields would be too muddy for the Barrens vehicles to work, and lightning would come at them full force. So on the day of the attack, (I was 13 years old), the Powerful Barrens fell, and they retreated far away. As a way of repaying the clouds, when they died, they would join him, to help him fill the sky with his wonder. So that was the day the Sky Warriors were created, and when anyone was in trouble, you knew we would be there, to help bring them freedom and hope.

I felt like creating a story unlike any I would normally write. I'm not usually into these types of mythical stories, but it seemed like fun :)

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

You're welcome! :)

-Walter Winchell

thank you!

This has a Native American feel to it. Five out of five.