End of the World | Teen Ink

End of the World

July 17, 2010
By Masked.Vampire SILVER, Warsaw, Kentucky
Masked.Vampire SILVER, Warsaw, Kentucky
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You are not alone on this planet.

Earth. Such a simple planet really, with it's large cities, vast oceans, and lush forests. I remember when it was just starting out, with the earliest humans not even being able to talk - merely grunt and groan and convey what they needed through actions. Looking around today, though, I notice you humans have come such a long way, and clearly have such a long way to go.

But you'll never catch up with us.

My name is Melanie Blake. At least for now. I've gone by many names in the past in an effort to make sure no one can trace me. Not that anyone would want to - I've never really stood out. I'm among you, watching, waiting.

I was sent here quite some time ago with a small group of others just like me to watch over humanity and report back to my own home, which happens to be hundreds of lightyears away.

You see, we're waiting for just the right time to enact.

When the time comes, our kind will appear and annilate you. They will take me and the rest of my group home, and destroy Earth.

We've already decided on a date - December 21st, 2012. Two years from now.

Some of you have predicted it. Members of my group have blabbed and the rumors have circulated because of them - don't worry, I've already taken care of them. They'll never speak again. You humans are always predicting the end of the world.

You were right this time.

Too bad no one will be left to realize it.

You won't expect us. It'll start with more and more of us covering your planet - we look just like you. Skin, hair, eyes, ten toes, ten fingers, a heart beat. You can't tell us from regular humans except for the odd extra color in our eyes. Even our human skins can't hide the tiny red glow. We aren't human - if you dig deep enough inside of us, we're robotic. Artifial life programmed with emotions, feelings, all sort of software and equipment that enhance us and make us perfect.

Unlike you, we can turn our emotions off. We feel no pain. No joy. Sorrow. Anger. We don't sleep, don't eat, and don't drink.

When the end of the world comes, there will be many of us on this planet. We'll kill anyone around us on that day in December, before we go back to our ships. Our guns will turn on the planet and it will be destroyed.

And there's nothing you can do to stop us.

Just remember you are not alone on this planet.