a kings war prt 1 | Teen Ink

a kings war prt 1

By Babycakes56 SILVER, Peyton, Colorado
Babycakes56 SILVER, Peyton, Colorado

Things happen, things change.

"Hurry up Meca, you're going to be late!" My mother yelled from the kitchen.

I was in my room looking in the mirror. I looked okay, better than my normal nerdy self. My hair had been straightened and put up plus I had put my best outfit on. This was it, my graduating day, the day that the guardians would be chosen. I had no idea why I felt so...hopeful. I had none of the atributes that the profits would want. I was just a nerdy, shy, little wimpy kid. I wasn't
Photo credit: Nghi L., Phoenix, AZ
my brother. I stared into my dark brown eyes with the blue ring around them. It was unnatural, my eyes. Nobody besides my brother and I had this color eyes. Everybody had either bright green eyes, like the prince, or violet eyes, like the king.

"Meca!" My mother yelled again.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. I took one last look in the mirror, then hurridly got up and ran to the living room.

"Aw now don't you look lovely. I do not see why you don't have a man yet, Meca," My mom started on me.

"Mother, please no, not this now," I pleaded.

"Oh come on honey, most of the kids your age have already chosen and are planning their future. You on the other hand have never even shown an interest in getting to know any of these young men. You know that you will have to."

"Mother, I know, I know I will have to, I just don't see why we have to keep talking about it."

"Fine, if you insist, but you know it's part of this world," She muttered. I sighed. My mother would never know what it was like to be me on this lonely world.

I walked out to the vehicle next to my mother, the sun was shining down brightly, and the three moons were as close to it as they ever would be. That's why graduation was on this day, the alignment of the moons and the sun had extraordinary power. I just barely glanced at my father, who was sitting in the front seat. I got in the back as my mother got in the passenger seat.

"Finally, I've been waiting for 10 minutes. It's never good to keep your man waiting, you know that Kat," My father told my mother.

"Yes, sir, I do. I tried to get her out here as soon as I could. She just doesn't understand the importance of this day," My mother replied, looking straight ahead. That was complete Jinpoopie, but it's not like I could say anything, and my mother would never take the blame.

I just hated how the men were always in control, while we women had to sit around "respecting" them like it's nobody's business. We weren't supposed to speak without being spoken to, look at anybody without being prompted, we didn't even get to work! We just sat around the cottage cleaning the house and taking care of kids, doing whatever he asked! The only real job any woman got was a guardian. And that was only one every year. So I knew just how important this day was, it was even more important to me than to him.

The vehicle came up to a stop in the parking lot of the arena. This was where my fate would be decided.

"Now girl, you go sit with your class, and don't be disrespectful. This is an important day to many of us, even if it ain't you. Ya here me?" He said sternly.

"Yes, sir."

"Good, now git."

I quickly jumped out of the car and hussled to the room where all of the graduating class would be. The principal of our school was at the head of the class ordering us by our last names. Mine was Bahar, and I was lined up right behind Anya, the biggest witch a our school. She was the most popular, prettiest, and had the best guy, Syne.

"So, little twerp, you might wanna put some distance between you and me. I can't have you in my spotlight, its just not right to have such a nerd bein so close to such a pretty face, you tried hard to cover up your nerdiness, but it still shines through," Anya said in a pleasant tone, twirling her blond hair.

GreenEyedGirl15 BRONZE, Derby, Kansas
This was pretty good. I did find a few errors, but not many! I don't really understand the whole Guardian thing, but I'm guessing that will be explained later. I do think you could use some more discriptive words in the story, though. Keep up the good work!