The Fall Entry 3 | Teen Ink

The Fall Entry 3

By THEIMPACT77 BRONZE, Florence, Kentucky
THEIMPACT77 BRONZE, Florence, Kentucky

I WILL NOT BOW

Nov 8, 2062

So I called in to Hope to tell them about my little encounter and guess what they told me. They knew about the zombies. There is a virus going around that only affects you if you are bleeding or just got bit by one of the infected. They had been getting other reports about this to. I wanted to yell at them for being idiots and not telling me that these things were out there, but to conserve power I resort to muttering curses under my breath. I get told to come back to Hope and they sign off.

Anyway I decide to run the rest of the way to Hope. Its only 3 miles away. Instead Dom (the kid) goes over to a car and hot wires it. You would think that after about 12 years that all the gasoline would be gone. So we drive there instead. Took about 6 minutes when if we had been running it would have taken a half a day. It was a rough ride. When we got out Dom said that he was driving next time. I tried my best.
I ran to HQ after that and I got some shocking news. A wave of zombies was heading toward Hope. Oh yeah as if anything couldn’t get worse, they sent me out with a 100 other men to set up a defense at the only way in, the bridge. The rest of the people would be waiting to defend Hope in case that we got wiped out .I love that they have confidence in us. They gave me an hour to get my breath and then sent me back out with the contingent of marksman, gunners, and martial artists. We had on some metal armor that Hope had lying around. Wish me luck. I won’t write for awhile.
Nov 12, 2062

Sorry I haven’t written for awhile. The battle was bloody. The first wave was massive. We had barricaded the bridge with boulders, razor wire, and sharp sticks. That held them off for awhile until, what shouldn’t have been there but was; a trio of Orbs burned and blasted away the barricade. We had five machine gun nests built behind that and when zombies moved forward they mowed them down. I had to lead a team to take them out. It was easy; we got them to cluster together and took them out with one rocket. Hah, never underestimate the human mind.

The second wave, which came the second night, got past the first set of nests. But we were prepared for that. In the rocks behind the bridge, we had another set of nests. We also had marksman up in the trees and the M.A.s stationed by them. The nests weren’t enough to hold back the second wave, so we had do get into it with them. Man, I will never forget the rush of fighting for your life in an all out battle. It was like my sword, my pistol, and I were one. We beat back the wave and forced them into a clearing. That clearing was a minefield. By then there wasn’t that many left, so it only took like three mines to take out the last 100.

The third wave we met head on. This was the last wave and we were determined to annihilate them. We lost a lot of men in that. I saw men go into a berserker rage and just utterly destroy anything in front of them. The wave was pretty small so it didn’t take long. We waited two more days before heading out to see if they were gone. They were. We had beaten the 100 to one odds. Right now their leading squads to find zombie nests and destroy them. I have a feeling this isn’t the last Ill see battle. They will probably make me go out soon. This is the last I will be writing for awhile. H.Q. just decided to start a major offensive against the orbs. We are moving out soon. I will write any chance I get.

ok i know this is really overdue anyone got advice?

-Ash- SILVER said...
-Ash- SILVER, Redmond, Washington

She wants to die. She wants to disappear, to be remembered no more. She wants so terribly to be forgotten, all her mistakes, all her failures, everything. Her name to be wiped free from all record of existence. Because is it really existing when you’ve got nothing to show for your life?

super awesome! great job :)

Beachgirl1 PLATINUM, Bellevue, Washington

"If You Don't Fight Back, You've Already Lost."
"Don't suppress Laughter, it goes to your thighs."

This is good. I like how the entire story just keeps flowing. I think i would have liked a (more) backround story... but thats it! Good job!

Raven_Mi BRONZE,

K.I.S.S.- Keep. It. Simple. Stupid

again totally lved it it got so much action and its like an apocoliptic end of the world thing (well i guess it is apocoliptic ending)

sooo cool

THEIMPACT77 BRONZE, Florence, Kentucky

I WILL NOT BOW

thankx and M As Means martial arts soldiers yeah its lame

Just.A.Dream SILVER, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Part of the J7X team. :)

Good job with this series so far! I like the plot so far, I just don't know what M.A.S is. But good job writing this! :)