Hate Never Dies (2) | Teen Ink

Hate Never Dies (2)

September 5, 2010
By Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia
Lorelei SILVER, Newport News, Virginia
9 articles 0 photos 56 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Nothing is ever easy"- Zeddicus Zul Zorander, copied by Richard Rahl


After the confrontation at Jeff’s grave site, I stayed hidden. I watched from afar as Jeff got used to his new life. I received an unpleasant jolt of recognition the first time I saw Jeff with his creator.

It was the same vampire who had created me! I watched in horror as Jeff interacted with him pleasantly, even fondly. 2 weeks later, I was ready to talk to him again.

I sent him a text telling him to meet me in our old place (out in the woods in an old abandoned shack). He showed up on time, looking wary.

“Hello, young one,” I purred from the shadows. “ Have you been enjoying immortality?”

“ A-a little,” he stammered. He had every right to be frightened. I was the wild card here; no doubt he had been telling tales of me to Jeff for the past fortnight.

“Don’t worry; I’m not here to destroy you (which, by the way would be very easy), I just want to talk.”

“what about?”
“Him”
“what about him?”
“I’ve been watching you for the past two weeks…” I paused then suddenly burst out, “How can you consort with him when he made you against your will??”
“He’s the only one who knows anything about this!” he shot back heatedly. This was new; Jeff had never been very temperamental.
“What am I, chopped liver? Anyway, you shouldn’t hang around with him. Do you know what he did to me?”
“What, did he insult you or something?”
“No, you idiot, he did this ( I gesture at my body) after he beat me within an inch of my life!!”
“oh.”
I don’t reply to that; speaking of him has made me too angry to speak. I am still only long enough for Jeff to see my eyes glow red with anger before I turn and speed out of the shack. A few minutes and several miles later, Jeff actually manages to catch up with me. He’s been calling, but I don’t answer.
“Julia, wait.” He grabs my arm, spins me around, and before I know what’s happening, he kisses me. I go limp for a minute, then I break away and run as fast as possible. This time he doesn’t follow.
To Be Continued…


The author's comments:
Part 2!! PLEASE comment, even if you don't like it