kiss and tell by-koti | Teen Ink

kiss and tell by-koti

By fragileblackorchid SILVER, Houston, Texas
fragileblackorchid SILVER, Houston, Texas

People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy... and I keep it in a jar on my desk.
-Stephen King :P
The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.
-Stephen King
Now that we're here,
It's so far away
All the struggle we thought was in vain
All the mistakes,
One life contained
They all finally start to go away
Now that we're here its so far away
And I feel like I can face the day
I can forgive and I’m not ashamed to be the person that I am today

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Standing on the sandy beach; inhaling the salty mist. He looks up at me through his maple brown bangs clinging to his forehead. His eyes as aqua blue as the sea itself mixed with a smoldering gray; tiny yellow sunflowers surround his pupils. He is staring at me with a look of genuine concern and expectancy, his gaze so focused on mine that I can’t help but look away and stare down at my feet. I can’t look at his caring eyes, his tender expression, and his soft lips only inches away from mine, not without feeling guilt, regret or yearning.
Only he can bring me to my knees, again. He knows how much I love him; I know how much he loves me. It makes me weak to see his hurt expression when I pull away from him. Just kiss him I keep telling myself, it’s impossible for me not to kiss him, almost impossible. Only that little bit of will power that I have left inside me keeps me sane, keeps me from letting the truth out. Just do it. I can’t. Yes I can, but I shouldn’t. Sometimes I want to kiss him; reveal the truth to him and only him, the love of my life. If our lips touch he will know everything about me. He will know who I really am, and what I am capable of; but will he still love me or will he look at me with disgust?
He gently takes my hands and cups them in his. A wave of energy surges through my body. The same tingling feeling I always feel when someone makes physical contact with me, but this is different; he is different. I see everything he is thinking; like a black and white movie played out in my head. I look up at him. He gives me a reassuring smile and that’s when I make my decision, the decision that will change our lives forever. We kiss.

Chapter 2: Something Special
Something happened when I kissed her, something… strange.
She looked so uncomfortable, even her behavior that day was different. I smiled at her, one of those everything-will-be-alright smiles. I don’t know what I did wrong or what I didn’t do. She looked disappointed in me. Maybe she doesn’t love me…, but then she looked up at me and that’s when I gave her the smile. Then she leaned forward and kissed me.
There I stood at the top of the world. It had been a perfect day at the beach. I even taught her how to surf, well, kind of. And now I’m standing here, holding her tight against me, kissing her. But it wasn’t just a kiss, something special happened; I still can’t quite explain it.
Everything around us spun into a blur. It was just her and I. All of her emotions came flooding through me, a warm, languid feeling washed over me. I could hear her thoughts, feel what she feels; I wanted to pull away but at the same time I didn’t want it to end.
Then I saw something, I had a vision ,I saw her as a little girl. She was in the living room with her parents and her baby brother, laughing and eating popcorn. She raced to her room to change into her hello kitty pajamas when a loud clash came from the living room. Gun shots rang out. 1,2,3,4 shots. She hid under her bed and waited, waited for the silence that took an eternity to come. She finally crawled out from under her bed, slowly tip-toed down the hallway. Then when she walked into the living room, the tangled bodies of her parents lay crumpled on the couch; still holding the bowl of popcorn now stained with blood. Her little brother lay in his crib, cold and lifeless. Tears did not come to her, not at first, only anger and vengeance. Then the doorknob turned and her heart skipped a beat, the killer walked in! They stared at one another, she glared at him then he lifted his gun. She swung her hand towards the window and some invisible force threw the man across the room and into the window.
But then she pulled away from me and everything faded back to normal. We were back on the beach.

Chapter 3: The reveal
When I pulled away I could tell from his expression that he had obviously seen something. “What is it? What did you see?” He looked at me, confused. “I saw your family being murdered, and I saw you. You killed him didn’t you? You killed that man?”
I knew this would happen I thought he was the one, he thinks of me as a murderer now.”I, I didn’t mean to, something happened to me; something I can’t explain.” He was still staring at me, dazed. “I need to tell you something.”I explained. “What you saw, actually did happen, I have telepathy and telekinesis. I’ve always had them, that day, when my family was murdered, is when I discovered I had powers.”

this is kind of corny but yeah i just decided to write this one day