Trisha part 3 | Teen Ink

Trisha part 3

By AelitaReloaded PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona
AelitaReloaded PLATINUM, Scottsdale, Arizona

"The pen is mightier than the sword" author unknown (to me)

“Ma! You must show me how to use my powers.” I growled, holding her arms pinned to her sides.
“No, Patricia, they made me swear I’d never tell you.” She gasped for air, as I pinned her against the wall.
“The circumstances have changed, he’s come for me. I must destroy him, and fulfill the destiny that I have shunned for so long.”
“I give you back your memories.” she sighed. I was taken aback by the sudden force. Panting and sweating, I remembered. In one flashback, I remembered everything. I knew finally what I had for so long been denied.
From the time I was a little girl, they told my story. People whispered my name on the corners of roads. That was 400 years ago, so the roads were full of wagons, and caravans. I had cried when people pointed at me. I was shy, painfully so. I knew I was special, but no one would tell me why. My mother would rush me along when we went to the market. It wasn’t until a few years later that I learned the full truth.
5,000 years ago, A wise man had foretold that a girl would be born on the day the auroras came all the way north, born under the glowing colors at the time of the rising of the northern star. This child would have fantastical powers beyond human comprehension, and would defeat her mortal enemy, an unknown being who was the head of most of the major organized evil in the world. The man was a shape shifter, was immortal, and he had been at the head of every organization of evil ever to exist. By destroying this man, I would destroy the greatest of evils in the world. But there was a twist. One thing the prophet had warned everyone who would listen of. This hero had darkness within her in the form of passion for a man who sought only to destroy her. If she succumbed to him, the prophet advised that she be taken away from her own time and place, her own family even, and wait until the day when he came back. Then and only then could she be trusted to rise against him.
“It’s all my fault the world is the way it is!” I sobbed into my arm. Then determination took over, “I will find him, and right the wrong he has done to not only me, but to the world.” With that I walked out, an air of dignity, something I had long been deprived of, pushing me forward.

I returned to the alley, where both the dark rose, and the skateboard remained. I picked up the rose, pulling away one petal at a time, “He loves me, he loves me not.” Four petals left.
“He loves me, he loves me not.” Two petals. I knew that when the last petal was gone, he would appear. It was a chilling feeling.

“He loves me, he loves me not-“

“Hello, have you changed your mind, dearest?” the demonic man asked.

“Yes I have.” I answered simply. He took me by the hand, and lead me to his world.

“I’m glad you have finally made the right decision.” He purred, as we landed in his desolate world. Everything here was grey and black, and covered in the mist. The residents were other dark beings like himself.

“You’re right, I have. I have decided to fight.”

“You would dare to challenge me?” he roared, “Why you morsel, you are powerless. What do you plan to do to me exactly? Hit me with those tiny fists of yours? Mine can be a thousand- no a million times larger if I choose!” His fists grew until they towered over me like a house. He hurled it at me. I screamed in pain. It hurt, so much. My head swirled, “Or perhaps you planned to kick me with your undersized feet?” Mine can be a million times larger!”

“No. You can hurt me, but you know you cannot kill me. You need my soul to steal my power, and I will not give of that freely.” I gasped sharply. My ribs definitely felt cracked.

“You’re right.” He shrunk down, speaking more gently now, “But I can make you wish you were never born until you do.” He said quietly, pressing his foot against my chest. I cried out. “You are pitiful and weak.”

He did not realize that was not the case, but I continued to scream as if in pain. But my bones were healed.

He took a step back. Concentrating, I took advantage, blasting him back a good fifty feet with an enormous force field. Standing up quickly, I sauntered over to him, my personal demon.

“I see your memory has been recovered milady!” he grinned, purring like a cat, “Luckily for me, I’m just getting warmed up. He transformed, it was only then that I understood.

“You-“

“Yes, I and the man you seek to destroy are one and the same. Now, do you prefer medium well, or well done?” he zapped me with electricity.

Thinking quickly, I set up a shield. It was his powers against mine. But I couldn’t fight for longer, my powers were long out of practice, and his were fed by years of corruption. Hesitating, I rolled to the side, and turned both of our attacks to shards of glass, that went flying with a large ping.

He grunted in pain as several of the sharp bits of glass flew into his skin. Concentrating hard, it was only moments before I had him floating above the ground, suspended, and completely at my mercy, “Aw! Did you get a boo-boo?” I hissed condescendingly. Then in a moment of calmness, I let him in closer to the Earth, “In case you are unaware, you are completely at my mercy. That being said, what do you think I should do with you?”

“Let me go.” He replied calmly, “In memory of our love.”

“Wrong answer!” I growled, thrashing him violently against a mountain. He was immortal, though, and I was barely making a dent. I could only keep him suspended for so long, and he was just biding his time until I tired myself out. I could sense his easy complacency distinctive to one who knows that their victory is assured.

A wave of heavy exhaustion passed over me. I knew I couldn’t hold out for very much longer. I could feel my eye lids begin to sag, my mental functions were becoming less and less distinctive past the dizzy fog I was in. I grunted. In one last effort, I lifted him higher, higher, higher… This was my last chance. If he was high enough for the drop, it might kill him. I only was able to lift him a few more inches, and I was shaking with the effort. Finally, largely against my will, my head hit the floor, and my eyes closed of their own accord. The last thing I heard was his body hit the floor alongside mine, then his footsteps as he stood back up, and came closer to me.
While I was passed out, I had the most bizarre dream. I was in a meadow. Along with me, there was a beautiful woman with wavy blonde hair, she was tall, and thin. She wore luxurious pink robes. I recognized her instantly. She was Polytha the fairy queen, “Greetings your majesty.” I stuttered. It a was a huge honor to see the fairy queen herself in a dream. She was a dream walker, so if I was dreaming lucidly of her now, there must be an important matter at hand.
“Patricia,” she said, in a voice as soft as a bell and as calm as a drum, “I am so glad to find you here. I know of your plight. I have come to help you.”

“But how can you help me?” I asked.
“In good time, my darling. First, there are matters to discuss.” She held out her small, delicate hand, and a large unicorn of dazzling white appeared, “Get on, please.” I complied.
“So, tell me, child, how have you been since we last met?” she asked.
“What do you mean, ‘last met’ we’ve never met before.” I replied.
“Perhaps you do not remember. I visited you every night in your dreams through your childhood. I have missed you for a long time.”
“Well, I suppose I’ve been as fine as I can be, considering all that’s happed to me.”
She stopped the mare at a small lake, and bid me to dismount. Again, I complied without thinking. She led me to the water’s edge, and reached down to pick up a flat stone, “Observe.” Was all she said, skipping the stone gently across the water’s surface, then it sunk. She stood in silence for a long minute before looking to me and saying, “Do you see how the pebble skips across the lake? It is joyous. Full of life and motion. But then the stone sinks, and so too must it die, much the same is the circle of life.
I thought I was beginning to understand now, “Oh, man! I’m dead, aren’t I?”
“Patience child.” She said, her voice as even toned as ever, “I have come for two reasons. The first, is to hug my only daughter before I die.” With that, she wrapped her arms around me in a warm embrace.
“I’m your daughter?” I finally understood, though I was a little shocked.
“Yes. And the second reason I have come is too sacrifice myself for the good of the world. Take this locket, and run away. Don’t look back. This shall be the last time that you ever lay eyes on me.” She spoke with a gentle smile, and gave me a fine locket of gold-wood, a material created only by fairies. It was the strongest, most beautiful material in the world. Not knowing what else to do, I accepted the locket graciously with a tear in my eye, and ran as she had told me I must.
My eyes opened with a start. The locket was still around my neck, and the tear in my eye had landed on it, and was now shimmering and glowing. My strength felt suddenly restored. It was only then that I discovered that he was frozen. Completely unmoving. He was dead, his body was charred.
It was only then that I understood Polyther’s sacrifice. She had given me all of her strength to destroy my enemy. I took the necklace off to examine it, and suddenly felt as though my power had been sucked from me. So now that I had vanquished my enemy, my powers had all but deserted me.
No, that wasn’t it either. He was stirring. He had succeeded. He had sucked my powers out, along with most of my soul. Without the locket, I was powerless. In a quick burst of energy, I created a massive tsunami; his body went limp in the water. Manifesting boulders of thin air, those too fell upon him, until I knew finally that my opponent would never breathe again.
A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders, and I could now go back home to what little family I had left. It was over. I was free to live my life. It was over. It was over.
I felt the power die from the locket. I was normal- human for the first time. I had come full circle. I had my whole life ahead of me. It was over.

DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

no prob.  ;) glad to be of service...

Hey!  Thanks!  I appreciate the critique.

soul sucker? THATS SO COOL! wait... when did you mention that? and to make the last part clearer, just... add some more detail. like when she went to the sould sucker's place, descride the surroundings, and then at the faerie queen's place describe that. what she was wearing and the her voice and stuff.

THe faerie queen gave her a neclace with all of her life force in it which was powerful enough to destroy the soul sucker.  Do you have any ideas for how I might've made it more clear?

the fairy giving away her life source... and then her coming back and destroying the person. and all that.

When you say the end was confusing, which part did you mean?

unfortunately, not nearly as good as your previous works.  this piece is quite choppy, very abrupt. the ending was very confusing, adn i would have liked to see more of the 'dark' world, and witnessed more of her memories.  this plot has the potential to be a wonderful novel.