I never have any time | Teen Ink

I never have any time

April 14, 2011
By GORT666 SILVER, Seattle, Washington
GORT666 SILVER, Seattle, Washington
5 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Dang it, I never have time for anything! I didn't even have time to be made by my own race. The 2012 disaster happened there years ago, and when the earth was shattered, I, like everyone else, died. Scientists took pieces of our DNA, the part of our brain that carries memories, and our soul. I wasn't killed through, I died later on, and I wasn't remade into something scientists thought would be able to survive the Earth shattering. I (actually, the vial withe the right components to completely recreate my body, mind, and soul) was picked up by an alien race that had for years watched over mankind undiscovered.
So anyways, they recreated me, and I lived thee rest of my life on their colony ship. Until thee Crawden came. The Crawden are a race of alien parasites that attach themselves to hosts, drain their energy, and take on a new form. They start out as strange, jellyfish things that use their tentacles to drain thee life from their victims. Then, they steal thee host's body, and use it to create a stronger one for themselves. If they need a new body, they just reject thee current one, which kills the host.
They infected everyone, but I made it onto a landing pod. I realized something in there. The scientists thought that they could rule over us, by changing our minds to make us obey them. The race that found my components took that mindlessness out, but they couldn't remove thee identification tattoo on my right hand. The tattoo was supposed to organize us. They had wanted us colonized, so they permanently implanted that in our cells. And as I said, I couldn't even be made on time. The tattoo says Thais: COMPLETED: 2018: PAST DUE. I was past due. A failure. I was greeted by a strong pain in my arm, as my pod made contact withe the ground. The right wing had exploded. So had thee left one, and the cockpit was shattered. I stepped out, and was greeted by a strange shuffling sound. I continued to walk, and I began to see shadows. This was a planet we had visited. It was one of Saturn's moons, and there were new footprints on it. Not from a human. I reached the place they lead to, and I saw something strange. It was the body of the first astronaut that arrived here, with blood splatters all around his body. He was holding something in his hands, and it wouldn't come off. I had to remove his gloves, and saw the hands were covered with spines. I removed his helmet, and the face I saw wasn't even remotely human. The eyes were large and bloodshot, the mouth was in a twisted grin, and the teeth were slowly being carried out of the gums, which were also slowly being taken apart and removed by insects. It had disgusting blue flesh around the neck, and the hair was almost gone, and it was also covered with spines. The rest of his body and face were either rotting or being taken apart and eaten by bugs. I took the thing it was holding, and was surprised to see that it was a simple stone mask. I looked around for some vehicle, and saw the ship he came in. I decided to use that.