The Lady And The Tiger: New Ending | Teen Ink

The Lady And The Tiger: New Ending

By tracingxconstellations SILVER, Mechanicsville, Maryland
tracingxconstellations SILVER, Mechanicsville, Maryland

You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.

I started to make my way from the center of the arena to the two doors, side by side, on the other end. I left my previous placement with confidence. I strolled carelessly towards the doors.

In no time at all, I was only a couple yards away. As I was walking those couple of yards, I began to ponder what was behind the door she had led me to. What if it's the tiger? I remember her saying "If I can't have him, no one can." Maybe she is leading me to my death, out of jealousy of the young woman behind the opposite door.

My pace begins to withdraw as the distance between my fate and I lessens. With each step I withdraw deeper into my mind. As I take the next step with caution I stop. Right in front of me are two doors. Both lead to a different fate. The question is, do I follow the princess or not?

I hesitantly extend my arm and grab toward the right, the princess's path. Out of sudden conclusions that the princess's jealousy got the best of her, I grab the left knob and open it quickly. "NOOOOOO!" The princess's scream sends chills up my spine. I turn to see that the princess's heart was in the right place, but my mind had failed me. Death was stalking me.

With nothing in it's way, the tiger pounced on me. The pain moving throughout my body was like a lightning bolt from the sky. The last thing I saw was the beautiful princess begin to cry. Then my life was over, in the blink of an eye.

Also a work from eighth grade. We had read a short story called The Lady And The Tiger in class, then were assigned to create our own alternate ending.