The Life Of a Schizophrenic.( Excerpt Of A Book I'm Going To Write) | Teen Ink

The Life Of a Schizophrenic.( Excerpt Of A Book I'm Going To Write)

February 28, 2012
By YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado
YoureCrazy GOLD, Loveland, Colorado
10 articles 2 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Laugh, it keeps the world from falling apart"


Chapter 1: Prologue
"Quinne!" Somebody yelled as I walked down the corridor. I turned around. Behind me, I only saw the darkness. The feeling of spiders started to take over.

"Who's there?" I asked into the darkness. Right then, a face flashed out of nowhere. I screamed and started to turn around and run away, but the face stopped me in half stride.

"Quinne? I'm here to help," The face said. I turned back around towards the face and saw that it was a face of a male a little older than me. His eyes were green and his hair was brown.

"W-Who are you?" I stuttered, terrified.

"We'll get to that later, but first..."

Chapter 2: Chapter 1
Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slammed the alarm clock off and groaned. Another day to be wasted, I thought to myself. I sat up, rubbed my eyes, and just sat there for a little bit. After I was done fidgeting, I got up and went to the bathroom. Wow, I look like cr**, I thought to myself. Brown hair, sapphire blue eyes, freckles, small nose, and a small body. Right then, my mother shouted from downstairs.

"Honey, get up or else you're going to be late for school!"

I sighed. "I'm up, Mom!"

"Good, but hurry up!"

I got out my makeup and started to put that on which consisted of foundation, black eye shadow, black liquid eyeliner, and mascara. After I was done with that, I pulled out my straightener and did my hair. You'd say that my hair was long- it was almost down to my butt- but I thought of it as medium length. I went out to my bedroom when I was done and looked around. It was fairly clean, with a queen sized bed in the middle of the room. There was a door across the room from the bed and a window on the right hand side of my bed. My bathroom was on the left hand side of my bed. Right next to my bed was a full body length mirror. The walls of my bedroom was green and the sheets on my bed was a bright orange color. After I was done surveying my room, I skipped downstairs and caught a whiff of something. I walked into the kitchen and found my mother making bacon and pancakes for breakfast.

"Mm, that smells good." I said as I peeked over her shoulder. She laughed and got the pancakes and bacon that was on her right hand side and gave me them.

"Here. These are ready to eat. You should really hurry though, or else you're going to be late for school again." She said.

"Will do." I gave her a thumbs up, grabbed the pancakes and bacon, and brung them to the table. As I scarfed down the food, I studie d the room. There was a chandelier in the middle of the table where I sat at. The walls were painted a peach color and I could see my mother cooking the food. After I was done devouring the food, I got up and put the dishes in the dishwasher and gave my mother a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm going now," I said.

"OK, have fun at school. I love you." She said.

"I love you, too."

I ran upstairs and grabbed my clothes. The top I put on was a green tank top that had a smiley face on it. I also put on some light wash skinny jeans and jelly bracelets. I also put on my favorite pair of vans and flung my hair over my shoulder. I grabbed my white backpack, my car keys and ran downstairs into the kitchen and pecked my mother's cheek again. She smiled at me and waved bye. I waved back then went into the living room to find my father passed out in the middle of the floor. Stupid drunk, I thought as I flung the front door open and dashing to my turquoise blue truck. It wasn't a surprise to see him like that really, he's been an alcoholic since I was 8. I smiled as I pulled open the passenger door to put my backpack in. After I did that, I went to the driver's side and got in. I put my key in the ignition and my truck purred to life.

"Good girl," I said as I patted the steering wheel. As I drove to Mulberry High School, I passed a Starbucks. I drove into the parking lot and got out. As I looked at the doors of the Starbucks, I saw this male just standing there. This male was way taller than my 5'2". He was like 6'2". His hair was quite long for a guy and it was brown, but it was his eyes that captured me. They were a very bright green. He had his ears gauged and his eyebrows, septum, and labret pierced. But most of all, he was kind of shadowy. I walked up to him.

"Excuse me, you're blocking the door." I said.

&qu ot;Oh, I'm sorry, Quinne." He said as he moved out of the way. I looked at him weird.

"How do you know my name?" I asked him, suspiciously. He might be a stalker, I thought.

"No, I'm not a stalker." He looked at me. I stared at him. "My name's Derrick." He held out his hand. I shaked it nervously.

"Sorry, but I have to go," I said, scared.

"OK, bye, Quinne. I'll see you later."

I walked around him as far away as I could and went into the store. That was weird, and how did he know my thoughts? I don't know, I thought.

Chapter Notes: The character Derrick, has been my boyfriend for 10 months and still going.(: Any suggestions? It would be very helpful.