My Fzzorp | Teen Ink

My Fzzorp

June 30, 2012
By LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
69 articles 15 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change that you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi


Since I was two, I have wanted a pet. My dad tried his best to find me one. Every time he found a pet he said it was not good enough. He said that my pet would have to be special, unique in its very own way. I always thought he was crazy, that he would never find a unique pet just for me. Turns out, I was wrong. For about a month after he had said that, he came home with the cutest, funniest, nicest, most unique pet that anybody could ever imagine. Every since that day, my life has been very different every day.



My pet was no ordinary pet. Some may not even think that he was a pet. He was unique. His tail had an arrow on the end of it! I could not have asked for a better pet. When my dad came home that day, I was very anxious. At first I thought that my dad had brought home a fork, because when my dad took my new pet out of his pocket, he was shaped like a fork. I looked at my dad like he was totally nuts and said, “Dad, I don’t want a fork for a pet. I appreciate the attempt but no thank you.”



Laughing my father said, “I didn’t get you a fork!”


“Okay, then what is it?” I asked anxiously.


“Guess,” he said smiling.


“I Do. Not. Want. To. Guess. Just tell me. I’m going to find out eventually! Now just tell me!” I screamed angrily.


Giving me a flat stare he asked, “Did I tell you that I would get you a pet?”


Thinking that he forgot to get me a pet I sadly said, “You forgot didn’t you?Now you don’t have a pet for me, and now I’m sad, which will eventually make me mad, which will lead to nonsense screaming, which I was hoping to avoid today. Thanks dad, but I think I’m gonna go to my room now.”


“No! Don’t go! It’s not a fork I promise! Just come back, no more guessing, I’ll tell you.” He screamed anxiously.


With an annoyed look I turned back around and stopped in front of him, “Fine. Tell me. What is it?”


Happily he said, “This, is a fzzorp. Now, I know it sounds dumb but its not, he is the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my entire life! You’re going to love him.” I watched as he opened a small box. The box had small roses on it, it was purple and black, the roses were red. As he opened the box I heard the most pathetic sound I had ever heard in my entire life. It sounded like a small dog whining! Finally, when the box was completely open, out popped a fork shaped fzzorp. I still wasn’t sure what a fzzorp was. Now that I had an adorable pet, I didn’t care what a fzzorp was.



Before I got the chance to hold my new pet, my dad closed him back into the box, and said sternly, “This is your pet, and yours only. You have to name him, and you have to take gentle care of him. He only eats nachos. I know that sounds crazy but that is the only food that he will eat. He drinks any sort of drink that won’t kill him, so that part doesn’t matter, but just make sure you give him plenty of nachos. When you leave the house or your room or any place, you either put him back into his box, or bring him and the box with you.



“It is very important that you do not forget him anywhere. He is not replaceable. You mustn’t get angry with him, no matter what he breaks, or jumps on, or drinks, or plays with, do not get mad at him. For if you do, he will disappear and never come back. I am not saying that just so that you won’t get mad at him, but because it is the truth.”



Happily I said,”I won’t I promise! Thank you so much dad!”


Smiling he answered, “You are very welcome. Now, what are you going to name him?”


“I wanna name him George!” I said laughing.


Chuckling he asked, “Are you sure?”


“Positive” I answered happily.


“Okay,” He replied laughing.


“Oh no! Dad! We don’t have any nachos! Oh no, this is not good. Now his beautiful Blue eyes are going to have tears in them! Oh no! Dad! Oh god now he’s gonna die! It’ll be all my fault! I’ll have killed a pet that I haven’t even had for 30 minutes! Great! This is just-”


“Would you stop!” he screamed. “You don’t have to worry! Do you honestly think that I would have bought you a pet that only eats nachos and not have gotten you nachos?!? What kind of a father do you think I am!? I stopped on my way home and got a years supply of nachos. He’ll be just dandy for a year,” he explained.


“Oh. You’re awesome Dad! Thanks so much! Love you!” I said happily.


“Your welcome. Love you too, kiddo,” he replied.


I walked to my room without another word. It turns out that George wasn’t a fork. I was really happy though because he is purple and black and red which are all of my favorite colors! I took George into my room, and set him down on my bed. I took him out of his box and put him on my pillow. I suddenly had an urge to listen to really loud music, so hoping that George wouldn’t freak out, I turned on The Middle by Jimmy Eat World. Apparently that was a huge mistake because George screamed at the top of his lungs and when I turned around he was gone. I had done it. I had made him angry. As a tear slid down my cheek my father walked into my room. Looking at me with a worried face he asked “Liv, why are you crying?”



“I did it dad. I made him angry. Its all my fault. He’s gone. Forever.” I said crying.


“What made him angry?” he asked.


Sobbing I answered, “I turned my music up too loud and he screamed and disappeared.”


“I’m so sorry, I’ll go buy you another fzzorp I promise!” he said loudly.


Still crying I said, “No. I wanted George. He’s gone. He’s never coming back. Nothing in the world could ever replace him. I ruined everything.”


So that was it. I never had another fzzorp again, but I always remembered how much fun it was to have George. For the little amount of time that I had him anyways. If you ever have a fzzorp, follow its instructions very carefully. Remember to love it, care for it, and always feed it the right food.


The author's comments:
I had to write this for my Language Arts class, and had a really fun time coming up with my "fzzorp".