Naeco | Teen Ink

Naeco

August 12, 2012
By Simplywonderful GOLD, Fort Meade, Florida
Simplywonderful GOLD, Fort Meade, Florida
17 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings


January 31, 2011

I have made my greatest discovery yet! Many of my fellow colleagues here at the University envy me. But they cannot deter me from my ultimate joy. This planet I have discovered will soon be the newest addition to our solar system. Naeco will be famous in no time.

February 1, 2011

People are starting to want to know more about Naeco. I’ve been studying the planet for years now, so it shouldn’t be too hard. Naeco; ocean spelled backwards, has this name for a reason. It is covered in a salty ocean. It is of the deepest blues and the sky is a beautiful shade of green. When you surface from the water you inhale sweet, salty air. It is the only other planet that provides oxygen for us to breath. But the real adventure starts under the water. There is bright, neon coral that glows at night. There’s seaweed that flows effortlessly in the current. The sand at the very bottom is a light pink. There are undersea caves that have rocks inside that light up in the darkness. It has many of the same undersea plants as Earth. But it is ten times more beautiful.

February 4, 2011

With three suns, the water on Naeco often isn’t very cold. The coldest it gets is sixty degrees at the very bottom. But it usually stays between eighty and seventy degrees year-round. The diameter of this planet is 32,379 miles. It is only a tad bit bigger than Mercury. Naeco is a very short 2,074 miles from Earth. So if we ever had to relocate to another planet, Naeco would be our very helpful neighbor. On this planet though, our days would be very different. In one year they have 563 ½ days. That’s a long year! Also there is only sixteen hours in a day. Only a little over half of an Earth day.

February 6, 2011

Naeco is the only other planet that supports life. But not exactly the life we are used to.The things that live here aren’t really human or animal, more of a mixture of the two. These “creatures” are very peculiar. Since the entire body of the planet is covered in water, the inhabitants have fish like faces. There are gills on their necks for the water, but they also have lungs for when they surface. Some have fins on their backs to swim better through the water. All of them have webbed hands and feet. The inhabitants are brightly colored, many have designs that resemble the fish here on Earth. Their color starts to fade as they age. They often live to be about two-hundred years old. They have humanoid bodies. Usually though, they grow to be six to seven feet tall. They may sound strange, but these creatures are different and beautiful at the same time.

February 10, 2011

Naeco is my pride and joy. It is a beautiful planet for certain. It may also become our second home in the future. I hope everyone is excited about the discovery of Naeco as I am!


The author's comments:
I wrote this for school about a year ago. We had to write a story about the discovery of a new planet in our solar system.