War of the Gods | Teen Ink

War of the Gods

By GummyBearQueen2 SILVER, Johannesburg, Other
GummyBearQueen2 SILVER, Johannesburg, Other

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end"- I'm not sure, so I'm going to say anonymous.

The war raged around me. Heroes and their Divine parents battled one another.
My name is Paphyrion, daughter of Artemis.

It all started when Zeus and Poseidon went missing. The last of the Great Gods was Hades. The only Major God that is not an Olympian. All giants and titans were in Tartarus.
Hades was the Man with the Motive.

The Olympians had divided amongst themselves. Hera, Hephaestus, Apollo, Artemis, Athena, Aphrodite and their children fought for Olympus. Others, against.
The Minor Gods mostly took Hades' side. We were outnumbered.

I was lying on a large, black alter, scorched by the fire from the battle. A scrawny kid was standing above me, holding the blade that had wounded my leg, costing me the ability to walk.
I was about to be sacrificed as an offering to some God. The kid starting chanting an incantation, a mad look in his sunken eyes.
I spoke softly, "Mother, give me the strength to-"
The blade came down on me, and the world went black. I never finished my prayer

A dedication to some of the greatest story-tellers of all time: the ancient Greeks.
I hope to one day be able to go to Greece to visit all of the mythological-historic sites, especially Delphi. I hope to write more short stories using the amazing stories of Greek myths as my tools :)

Who is the author of this book?