Fear of dreaming | Teen Ink

Fear of dreaming

February 28, 2013
By fatdabz BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
fatdabz BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There I was alone in the woods again, I ask myself every time how did I get here? What am I doing? And it’s always the same I don’t know. I always find myself waking up in the woods behind my house, it has been happening for a couple months now. The doctors had no experience of any thing like this before me, they had never explored the realm of dreams or the deep beyond But why do my dreams always bring me to the same spot in my woods.

Sometimes I think my dreams bring me here for a specific reason, like I am supposed to find something or I am supposed to do something. Sometimes I even think my dreams are preparing me for something, like something big is going to happen in those woods and my dreams want me to be there. Its starting to torment me, I don’t know if I am just screwed in the head or if it’s a gift. So tonight I am not going to bed, I’m going to stay awake and fight it… whatever it is.

So as my bedtime approaches on this warm Tuesday night I am getting ready, not for bed like the rest of the kids on my block... But for battle. Tonight I will finally face my fears and find out what I do at night. I have agreed with myself that I am going to head for the woods at midnight; I am starting to sweat with the thought of entering those woods. The big grandfather clock in my house just struck 12 o'clock and its time for battle, I slowly slide open the backdoor and stumble into the back yard, my heart is beating so fast now, I feel like I am going to pass out but I keep on going. I am now standing about 10 feet away from the entrance of the woods and I see a faint glowing light coming from inside. Now I am really starting to second guess myself but I enter the woods.

Alright I'm in the woods; I start to walk down the path the deer have made when I start to here a crackling noise... Not like an animal walking across the dry leaves on the ground but like communication of some sort. I stay on the path and follow the noise. The noise is getting louder the deeper I travel and I can see the light again. The light is now blinding and the noise deafening then it all stops and I hear "Hey, down here" I slowly look down and scream. As I start to run he says “Stop, I am not here to hurt you Joshua, but to help you." So I stop and before I can ask any questions he says “My name is Deltron and I crash landed here from a galaxy far, far away. You have been coming out here every night to help me work on my vessel, were actually almost done and soon I will be able to return home." Can you explain why I never remember this? "Because I use my super alien abilities to wipe your memory every night when were done working." Well that explains a lot, have you met any other humans? "No, and I want it to stay that way. That’s why I erase your memory every night because if not your whole planet would know about me and they would try and kill me and do experiments on me. You’re not even supposed to know about me but you stumbled upon me one day so I had no choice but to start clearing your memory. We go over this every night." alright well lets get to work I guess if that’s what we usually do.

Not again, I could swear I was in my bed. But there I was alone in my woods again; it’s been going on for a couple months now. But tonight is going to be different, I'm not going to bed and I am finally going to face my fears and see what I do at night.